Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: nail patella syndrome rare genetic condition knee caps arrgh  (Read 1453 times)

Offline dougle2k8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
hello my names mark and im new here back in feburary i was diagnosed with nail patella syndrome after having patella pain for around 2 years before i seeked medical help it was sporadic at first happened once every month and only when i went up stairs then in feb my knee went crack at work then i locked up 4 days later and was in mega pain, the doctors at hospitial said it was patellafemoural syndrome and sent me home i later found out it was nps went back and after a battle to get them to rekonise it they gave me a mri which showed ive been born with a tight lateral ligament and my vmo has suffered muscle wasting this is a sign of the desiese, and a edema on my kne they want to do a distal rectallinal release or something and a medial reefing all attempts at psyio targeting the vmo have failed arrrr whats going on with me.

oh yeah my knee cap has become loose and floaty i can push it about eaisly after a day at work the pain gets worse and i can feel fluid which receeds after a day also my knee caps are dyplastic i think was the word their small half the size of normal ones im lucky on the count that me trocheria groove thing is not shallow like some others with nps

Offline roseagain

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: nail patella syndrome rare genetic condition knee caps arrgh
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 03:19:20 AM »
Hello Mark..I have a patella bone (a small bean shaped bone on the right side of my knee..showed up in xray after I had total knee replacement surgery). It hurts ( a quick, sharp pain when I walk, as I straighten my leg from the flex position.

I never had a problem with the patella bone before TKR...never knew I had a patella bone. I also have been told it is very unusual to have a patell bone. The doctors call my pain "the patella syndrome."

I'm interested in your reference to "nail patella". What is that. What does the nail refer to?? Also, what are you doing for pain relief?

Offline dougle2k8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: nail patella syndrome rare genetic condition knee caps arrgh
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »
everyone has a patella bone it is not a bean shaped bone patella bone is the medicial name for the knee cap the nail is in reference to the disformed thumbnails this genetic contidion causes us to have is you google search nail patella syndrome then org you should be able to bring up the charitys home page and read all about it