Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ARTHRITIS IN RIGHT KNEE  (Read 11528 times)

Offline tony68

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ARTHRITIS IN RIGHT KNEE
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:27:58 AM »
HI EVERYONE -I,M NEW HERE.

THE THING IS I HAVE DEVELOPED ARTHRITIS IN MY RIGHT KNEE.
THE PAIN IS DOWN THE OUTSIDE OF MY KNEE AND MY KNEE WILL GIVE WAY IF I TWIST IT SLIGHTLY.

THE THING IS I HAVE BEEN ACTIVE ALL MY LIFE AND NOW OUT OF THE BLUE I,M IN LOTS OF PAIN.
I SHOULD SAY I,M 68 YEARS OLD I,M 5FT 11 INCHES (1mtre 80)  TALL AND I WEIGH 194lbs  (188kgs)

CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE FROM THEIR EXPERIENCES?.
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ON THE INTERNET AND I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME FOODS CAN HELP THE PAIN WHILST OTHERS WILL CAUSE
INFLAMATION AND MORE PAIN.
WHAT ABOUT GLUCOSAMINE SULPHATE?
I ALSO HAVE AN IRREGULAR HEARTBEAT SO I,M TAKING WARFARIN (A BLOOD THINNER)
WHICH HELPS TO PREVENT STROKES.

QUITE HONESTLY I CANNNOT CONTINUE WITH LIKE THIS I,M GETTING TEMPORY RELIEF BY TAKING A PAIN KILLER.

THANK YOU

Offline PatPIN

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: ARTHRITIS IN RIGHT KNEE
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:52:21 AM »
I am 58 and consider myself VERY lucky because I have serious arthritis even in my early 20s.

Are you taking GLUCOSAMINE/CHONDROITIN with MSM and Hyuarlic Acid ??? 
That has helped many people I know who had problems.  (There is no problem with taking more than the full dosage by the way, but only if needed.

The REAL AMAZING vitamin for me was DANISH ROSE HIPS.    My grandfather had rheumatoid.  I was diagnosied with arthritis under my knees --
BOTH knees were so bad (this came on me when about 50 years ago, after the glucosmine worked GREAT on my hands.)

when I walked I was in pain; there was NO way I could walk stairs (without going on all fours) and there was no way I could even consider a treadmill, even for walking.

I went to physical therapy for 4 months and it did nothing.  My orthopedic surgeon said to use ice all the time, but that was worthless.

I wasn't expecting the DANISH ROSE HIPS to work when I took them, and I was 30% better the first week, and this quickly improved to 90%+.  i have no pain, now -- but do hear some mild clicking --only some times going up stairs now.  I went back to the treadmill, with no problems, and the exercise helped it even more.

Offline PatPIN

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 03:00:14 AM »
There are also foods to eat that are good/bad for arthritis:

Good:  Orange Juice, Pumpking seeds, squash

Bad:  Nightshade family -- avoid potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant.

Also read Ibuprofin was bad for HEALING inflammation -- and of course my doctors had told me to take it.
It was tough the first weeks but this went away too.

By the way, I got frozen shoulder from a terrible experience at work terrible hours, so much of the above was to improve inflammation so I would heal.
My (new) orthopedic surgeon said I had severe disc damage and it was irreversable.  I am 80% better now (mega doses of glucasime and stretching)

For knees You need to do this stretch:  Notiice where your knee caps are.   I learned this from a karate tacher.  Squat with legs apart and while in sitting position push your
 knee caps gently towards the outside.    Also never left your knees go past your ankles;  watch your stance that your leg is VERTICLE over your feet (again with knee cap in position -- check your good knee and notice where the knee cap is relative to the bad knee.)   Pointing/flexing  feet can help. 

Also yoga balancing.  Tree pose -- it forces you to balance evenly over your one leg-- if your torso is unbalanced over your legs, you can twist them via yoga positions so that your torso is evenly over your knees/leggs.   Good luck.

Offline PatPIN

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
Apologize for not reviewing bad grammar and spelling errors.  Am rushing ...