Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Elmslie Trillat with medial patello-femoral reconstruction.....  (Read 1346 times)

Offline LoubyLou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi, After dislocating my L/K 3 years ago I have had nothing but trouble with it. I had an MRI scan and was told that my knee cap was smooth, diamond shaped and mis aligned. My R/K has gone the same way now. The operation I am having is Elmslie Trillat procedure with medial patello-femoral reconstruction. The surgeon explained what was going to do but not how. He reckoned 2-3months off work but didn't mention if I would have screws or a cast on. Can't find anything on the internet except scholar sites which don't really mean much to me as I am not a doctor. Has anyone had this operation or can anyone tell me what to expect?

Thanks in advance  :)

Offline Kmcsmiles

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Elmslie Trillat with medial patello-femoral reconstruction.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:43:07 AM »
Hi
I have no idea what a elmsie trillat is, but I had a mpfl reconstruction. So I can't  speak to your first procedure, only the second.  And honestly I also ended up having my lpfl reconstructed as well so I don't know how  that much affected my procedure.  A mpfl reconstruction  is very painful at first, but it does get better.  I couldn't bend my knee at first and needed a shower bench to use my bathtub shower.  Also I recommend taking all the pain meds at regular intervals the first few days even if you think you don't need to.  I needed a lot more help the first days than I thought I would.  I would plan on having full time help at least the first 3 days!  Again I don't anything about your first procedure.  Good luck!

Kendra
12/20/89: diagnosed hypermobility joint syndrome
88-96 numerous checks/mri's on knee pain
91- left knee dislocate
93-96 rt and lt knee lateral release, plica removal
12/09 dislocated rt knee
09/10 rt knee mplf and lpfl reconstruction
06/11 rt knee repair nerve damage and ligament
10/10 MUA
6/11 r

Offline LoubyLou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
Hi, Thank you for replying.  :) I should have had my surgery today but it has been canceled last minute so I got all worked up for nothing  :-\ Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon. Not looking forward to it but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Offline greyliston

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 04:10:06 PM »
Elmslie-Trillat is more commonly referred to as a TTT. Go into the patello-femoral joint section and do a search for TTT. There are a ton of people on here who have had that procedure.
2010 - Failed LR
2011 - Failed LR lengthening
2011 - TTT, LPFLr, MPFLr

Offline LoubyLou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Had a new date for surgery, also a different surgeon due to a blood disorder I have. Anyway at my pre op assessment he explained the procedure he will be performing and it is different to the procedure I was initially going to have. I am now having Left knee extensor realignment  osteotomy and MPFL reconstruction using hamstring autograft. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks for the help. Lou

Offline LoubyLou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 07:56:35 AM »
Finally after a year waiting I will be going in for surgery tomorrow (if there is a bed) first ever operation at the age of 32 so am getting quite nervous.... Thanks for the help. Lou  :)

Offline LoubyLou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
2 weeks after surgery and the pain has subsided.  :) the problem I have is the physio exercises are excruciating at times and my leg still looks like a sausage and my ankle is swollen. Ice and elevation daily not really helping.  I just want to get it to 90 degrees, at the moment its 70 degrees. Any suggestions as to how to relieve the pain doing my exercises? Thanks. Lou