Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Recovery time for MPFL reconstruction on left knee  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Mooner6

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Recovery time for MPFL reconstruction on left knee
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »
           Im Scheduled to go in for a MPFL reconstruction on my left knee on the 22nd of June due to a continous dislocation of the left patela, i was wondering, for anyone who's had this operation or know's anything about it how long it takes to recover and to fully weight bear.
           I am meant to be going to an agricultural college in September and would need full use of my legs, so it would be very helpful to me, my parents and indeed the college if i knew how long it would take for me to fully weight bear.

Thanks

Ben

sascha

Re: Recovery time for MPFL reconstruction on left knee
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
Hi Ben, just read your post! Had my reconstruction on 1st June, and am now back at work with a physically demanding job (hoisting and lifting people etc). The pain, although quite bad, was kept under control with regular pain killers, and also, my TENS machine.  I had pain throughout the night for some
time, but I'm pleased to say that it has stopped over the past few weeks.  Hope your operation went well, and that you are on the mend. I was driving after a month, and could have been back to work at that time too.  As I work in a school I had the summer holiday to build my recovery and am back to normal now.