Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Post-op Maquet TTT General Questions?  (Read 793 times)

Offline sharonm

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post-op Maquet TTT General Questions?
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
Hi!
I am 10 days post op a maquet ttt, lateral release and medial reefing on my left knee for dislocating kneecaps. I had my right knee done this time last year. One thing I am noticing is that my recovery this time around is not the same as last time. I stopped taking painkillers a week after my surgery, as I did last year, but this time the pain is much worse. I have full ROM (can put heel to bum) and it doesn't hurt to bend it, but it aches constantly and I have frequent sharp stabbing pains on the medial side of the incision site. I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing? Last time I had a pretty much 'textbook recovery', and was feeling pretty much pain-free one week out. How long does it take for the bone to heal (they used a piece of my own bone)?

Also, how long before you were able to sleep without an immobilizer? Sleeping is beginning to be a pain in the butt.

Thanks for your help!
Sharon

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: Post-op Maquet TTT General Questions?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »
The recovery from one surgery is not going to be the same as the recovery from another.  So, it’s not surprising at all that things are different this time around.  If things ache take something for it.

As for your other questions you really need to direct them toward your OS.  Generally bone begins to knit together around 4 weeks and shows good healing at 8 weeks.  Your OS will tell you when you are able to sleep with out the brace.  Each OS has a difference preference.   

Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed