Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Severe knee pain after knee scope...  (Read 1675 times)

Offline fiend107

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Severe knee pain after knee scope...
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:34:03 AM »
Hey guys, this is my first post, glad I found this forum.  In summary, I had a knee scope on Monday, April 25th to remove a medial meniscus radial tear.  I progressed all week, was able to put weight on it, and only had mild swelling left in the knee by the end of the week, no issues.  However, on Saturday evening, I started to develop pain and swelling below my kneecap in the patellar tendon area (pretty much between the two incisions).  By the time Sunday night came around, I couldn't put any weight on the leg and had to use a cane.  I went for an early follow-up the next day (my actual follow-up is scheduled for tomorrow).  The OS drained my knee and said that the fluid was consistent with a new acute injury, but I hadn't done anything to hurt it that I know of.  The OS put me on antibiotics just in case it was infected.  The new pain has been consistent without improvement for 3 days now, even with RICE.  I'm going to the OS again tomorrow.  Has anyone experienced the above mentioned pain after a scope before???  :-\

Offline muscle20

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Severe knee pain after knee scope...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
i had siimilar scope and cart. tear trim. also confirmed grade 4 on med side. 3 weeks of almost new knee feeling nad then bang severe swelling from knee to ankle. dt check and all ok. anti inflams helped. still swelling after 6 months but more local to knee. quad muscles have shut down as protective . now working on that issue with painfull gym work. seems common issue . they inject various after the op such as lubrication and pain release and i think this wears off in time and then you get our issues.

support