Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Centeno-Schultz clinic visit  (Read 35830 times)

Offline Scooter72

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: Centeno-Schultz clinic visit
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
Manville, what do you mean, that Regenexx doesn't back-up their results with anything of substance?  There is PLENTY of peer-reviewed basic science research to back-up their clinical results.

Since this is at least the second time I've pointed this out to you, I must assume that you are just a moron, or out-and-out misrepresenting the truth.  And no, it's not a matter of "issues" for you, it's a matter of scaring away people who might not dig deeper than your post.

Who is your doctor, and what basic science background does he have?  He says NSAIDs are not an issue? Here is one example of how wrong he is (and how you are a sheep for just blindly believing him): NSAIDS inhibit in vitro MSC chondrogenesis but not osteogenesis: implications for mechanism of bone formation inhibition in man. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20070439

It's not the only basic science study revealing such.  So what do you say, manville? Care to step up to the plate, and present ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that "NSAIDS don't matter"?  And please, link the papers so I can look at them too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:06:42 PM by Scooter72 »

Offline M.J

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
Scooter, can you please advice in your current condition, i have weakness in both of my knee i feel very tierd when i use them a lot or left heavy weights, could be related to meniscus degeneration and i am thinking of doing Reg-SD and i would like to know if it helped your condition and worth the trouble as i have to travel overseas to do this  :'(

Offline flowride

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2012, 06:35:45 AM »
Well, this thread WAS interesting until KILLED by Manville.  NO disrespiect, but come on, man!  We want to hear more about Scooter's recovery and less about your complaints about Regenexx. 

In any event, I will have the procedure done in June at Health Link Medical in Oceanside, CA, by Dr. Zinni.  I have bilateral arthritis in my knees and had an ACL reconstruction with meniscus resection on the left knee waaaay back in 1999.  I am a former bodybuilder, an avid crossfitter, and subsequently have always had a passion for the 3 big lifts of powerlifting.  When I finally have this procedure done, I will mark a diary as well, detailing the recovery plan, meal plan, physical activity from week to week...the whole shebangybang.  My hope is to post WEEKLY and for significant events.  Hopefully, this will be of help to people considering the rather expensive procedures and will also detail the experience of receiving the Regenexx therapy from someone other than the Centeno-Shultz clinic in CO.

I can tell you right now that one downside is the suggestion of utilizing unloading braces.  Even with my copay from Kaiser and a really cool orthopedic surgeon-who was nice enough to order MRI's for the benefit of Regenexx and myself-they are expensive and not a part of my equation.

Offline M.J

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
Chief,
I am a fellow body builder who used to left weights for 13 years, but as you can see I can't left any more, both my knees are very weak to carry me now and I am in kind deep ......... :(, I want to know if the procedure will at least reduce my pain or in my case weakness. I am going to Cali next week but no chances taken, I will go to colorado to do it. But not now though. Maybe in the next 4 month, in the mean time I want to know if it the best choice or I may need something else ? Maybe prolotheropy but I dont know I forgot to ask Regenexx in my oppintment with dr Hansen.

Plz post you procedure people like me are really searching the web for some cases.

Offline flowride

• Regular Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »
MJ,

I will do that.  As for not going to Regenexx, I can understand your concerns, as I have some of the same.  I've already spoken to people who've gone to Regenexx and they're post procedure plan for care is totally different than what's been outlined for me to this point. I'll be speaking to the docs about that shortly, but I emailed Regenexx in regard to this very fact.  I was told that whatever post procedure plan Health Link has come up with is the same thing that would be outlined by Centeno-Shultz.  I may just end up consulting with Centeno-Shultz for a second opinion on post-procedure care.

As for prolotherapy, I would recommend it.  I went to Dr. Marc Darrow here in Los Angeles and he is very good-albeit a little expensive, in my opinion.  He's about on par with everyone when it comes to prolo, but ALL of the MD's here in L.A. are waaaaaay overpriced when stepping up to PRP.  I would say that I started feeling some relief after 2 injections with only D50 and Lidocaine. 

There is another post on here by irentat documenting his journey in prolotherapy, utilizing HGH, Testosterone, and Deca.  You can also Google "irentat" and his log on a bodybuilding site will show up.  It's pretty incredible.  This guy did his own injections after watching his prolotherapist's technique.  A bit hardcore for me, but noteworthy, nonetheless.

Offline M.J

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
I just comeback home from Cali, didn't  know about your doctor flowride otherwise I would have visited him, I think I am going to make another MRI next week and send it over to Regenexx again and ask for another oppintment although they told me I am a good canidate but I want to make sure they have the best MRI available to tell me what is needed to be done. I think I have issues with my meniscus most likely it's degenerative case every time I left something heavy I have a problem with them :(.
Please share with us your experience if my MRI showed increasing damage in my knee I will backup and go to Colorado , ::)

Offline flowride

• Regular Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »
MJ,

I'll be heading into Health Link Medical June 4th for my injections.  I will be outlining my progress on facebook, but have been asked by some non-facebook knee geek members to do so here.  So...I will.  I'm remaining optimistic, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »
Manville,

How's your shoulder progressing up to this point?

Offline Adobec

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:49 AM »
Manville, how are you doing?
1991 - R ACL patellar tendon, med. meniscus removed (50%)
2002 - R ACL revision, cadaver, lat. meniscus removed (50%)
2011 - L ACL patellar tendon, med. and lat. meniscus REPAIR. 
3/2012 - L Medial meniscectomy (didn't heal from 2011), microfracture
11/6/12  - L TTT (maquet). Micro fully healed

Offline Scooter72

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2016, 04:43:25 AM »
Hello everyone! Because my friend is having problems with his hip joint, and I am advising him to consider Regenexx, I wanted to go back and review my posts here (to give him the proper links to my experiences).

For anyone who cares: I am still playing soccer, multiple times per week.  Am I 100% with my knee, as I was in my teens? No.. I can only play 2-3 games/week, before pain sets in.  But that's a far cry from pre-Regenexx.

support