Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2 months post op lateral meniscus still having PAIN  (Read 949 times)

Offline hardhead

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 months post op lateral meniscus still having PAIN
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:39:01 AM »
I had 40% of my lateral meniscus removed 2 months ago. Saw my OS at 6 weeks and he said he doesnt need to see me unless I have a problem.  Started have pain last weekend so went and saw him Monday. When I told him were the pain was he told me thats because we took the meniscuc out in there  ??? I have full range of month and my muscle is the same as the other leg so he told me to stop rehab and gave me a cortisone shot. This helped alleviate some of the pain. I'm still getting pain when standing for more then 10 minutes.  Starting to get frustrated since originally I was told I'd be back to work in 2 to 4 weeks.  Anybody else had anyting similar?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:23:00 AM by hardhead »

Offline hardhead

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 2 months post op lateral meniscus still having PAIN
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »
Well the shot didnt work still have flair ups of extreme pain in the knee after standing for about 1/2 hour. Going to see the OS again next week I guess  :(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:02 AM »
It can take a while for the knee to settle down after surgery and to adjust to the new looks inside.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline klinkmcbear

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »
Hard Head - I'm interested to see how things progress for you. I am 6 weeks post-op from a partial medial menisectomy. I did not have nearly as much of my meniscus removed as you, though the doc did say the tear was significant. I did have grade 3 and 4 chodromalacia though, and had extensive clean up and smoothing of the cartilage. I have been told that TKR is in my future.

I had been making pretty good progress up until this week. But within the past few days, am starting to feel the same sharp pain on the inside of my knee that I felt prior to the surgery. I too am wondering about the nature of this pain -  is it normal, maybe due to the fact that my knee has become more fluid, and I am doing more at greater degrees of flexion - or is this increase in pain a step backwards and a sign that I might always have this sharp pain?

I will probably have the euflexa injections in 3 weeks when I go back to my surgeon. These are different from cortisone - they are supposed to mimic the synovial fluid that decreases in the knee with the chondromalacia.

Good luck to you, and hopefully we'll both have improvement over the next few weeks.

kathleen
Left knee - partial menisectomy & debridement - 3/2011
PRP left knee - 1/2019
PRP and Stem Cells right knee - 1/2019