Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee pain from sitting to standing  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Cazuk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee pain from sitting to standing
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
Hi all,
In July 2010 I had a knee arthroscopy to partially remove the medial meniscus on my left knee after a fall, well 9 months on I still have problems with my knee getting stuck at night after laying on my side but the worse thing is the "Good Right knee" is now more painful.

When I get up from sitting the pain is unbearable to the point where I have to stand first before moving off and walking it is at the back of the knee and top of the calf...I am now being referred to a Muscoskeletal department in my local Hospital and await their appointment.

Has anyone else suffered with pain in the opposite leg to the operated one?

Thanks

Caz

Offline Chainsaw_gran

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: knee pain from sitting to standing
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
It is very common to get pain onthe opposite leg to the injured leg because you will have been putting a considerable amount of weight on it, that it is used to, in order compensate for the sore leg.
March 2011. Elmslie trillat/TTT. Autologous Collogen Induced Chondrogenesis to patella n Trochlear.

Offline Cazuk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: knee pain from sitting to standing
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »
Hi Chainsaw,
I said that to my GP but he said that the fact that it appears to be getting worse might mean there is another underlying problem hence the referral. I have been given chilli cream in the mean time to rub in which burns.

Caz