Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Scope done 3 days ago.. Few questions regarding rehab!  (Read 811 times)

Offline kerrylaser

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Scope done 3 days ago.. Few questions regarding rehab!
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:18:06 AM »
Hi everyone..
ill make this long story short..  7 months ago i completely tore my ACL playing soccer. One Surgeon was just going to wait until i got full ROM before doing anything. Finally after 7 months i got a second opinion. She decided to do a scope to get rid of all the scar tissue hoping that will help me get my ROM back so i could get the ACL surgery..
anyways.. can anyone tell me about the experiences with a knee scope..
The first 2 days were fine.. Walked out of the hospital. But the 3rd day was alot more painful.. i took the bandages off and i took a shower.. anyways.. should I be starting my exercises? or wait? i see my surgeon next week so ill ask her all my questions. but in the meantime was just wondering what i should be doing? im elevating it and icing it. i just don't wanna overdue it.. And i also don't wanna not be doing enough. if that makes sense!! anyways just any feedback would be great! thanks!

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 402
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Knee Scope done 3 days ago.. Few questions regarding rehab!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:09:24 AM »
You are best to check with your surgeon or physio as every protocol (and indeed country) differs, but after both my scopes I was discharged with a sheet of exercises and told to start the day after as tolerated, with icing after each set

SLRs, heel slides, quad sets, starting slow with a few of each, 3-5 times a day.  Good to get ROM back asap and also stop the muscles getting too weak

I assume the incisions are covered with waterproof dressings when showering :)

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: Knee Scope done 3 days ago.. Few questions regarding rehab!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
You definitely need some specific guidance - the words "getting rid of scar tissue" may mean you need a focused and specific program to build up your ROM and lessen the chance of scar tissue coming back. You don't mention where the scar tissue was, I assume you may have had some problem with the torn ACL either blocking movement or been very restricted in movement after the injury? get some advice, but ice and elevation is a good plan, as are basic closed chain exercises that don't load the knee. Back off if any big increases in pain, swelling, redness occur.

Lottie
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

support