Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Possible meniscus tear, but most of the pain gone after 5 days?  (Read 597 times)

Offline eochs

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi all,
    Been a long time since I've had to visit here, hoped to not ever have to come back :(

On Wednesday night I was playing kickball with some friends. While running the bases I tried to avoid being pegged by jumPing to my left while at full speed. When I plants my left leg an pushed off I felt something snap on the outside of my knee and my leg just crumbled. Pain and swelling got worse throughout the night to the point where my knee looked like a grapefruit, with a big bubble on the outside of my knee. Didn't hurt to touch really, and I could stand on it, but walking caused bad pain and it was completely unstable. Today is Sunday, and I have been using a compression and ice unit since thursday bthe pain is mostly gone as is the swelling. Most of instability gone, but things like climbing stairs are still making me feel like I am gonna fall down b

Went to the doctor on Thursday and he said no an acl tear, but likely a meniscus tear. My wife keeps saying I sprained my knee, but ust can't believe that. I have a ct scan with dye tomorrow (can't do MRI because of an implanted spinal cord stim unit) tomorrow. I'll find out te results on Wednesday, but am wondering if it is possible that a meniscus tear could stop hurting so quickly?  Thanks!

Evan
Lateral Release on Right Knee - Dec. 2001
Distal Realignment of Patella Tendon in Right Knee - October 2003
Lateral Release on Right Knee - Dec. 2004
Distal Realignment of Patella Tendon in Right Knee - October 2004

Offline eochs

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Possible meniscus tear, but most of the pain gone after 5 days?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
Just some added info. I still can't do things like kneel down or bend my knee to put a sock on, climb stairs without a railing or crutch, or carry something while I walk. I have some slight popping or clicking noises/feeling in my knee. And when I do put pressure on my left leg I feel some pain going down the left side of the calf. I know the meniscus is supposed to be like a shock absorber for the leg, so wondering if a tear could cause that pain
Lateral Release on Right Knee - Dec. 2001
Distal Realignment of Patella Tendon in Right Knee - October 2003
Lateral Release on Right Knee - Dec. 2004
Distal Realignment of Patella Tendon in Right Knee - October 2004

support