Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MACI - Pain after 15 months - Can someone give some advice?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Crazynasha

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MACI - Pain after 15 months - Can someone give some advice?
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I had an maci on my right knee about 15 months ago. Recovery has been okay and not extraordinary (that I would admit is my fault). Although the last few weeks, I have started to experience a pain I did not before. It occurs when I walk at two different phases - first when the leg is raised & bends to move forward and the second time when the leg hits the ground. I have not had this type of pain before and am starting to get really worried. The other strange thing is that I when I gently rub my finger over the arthroscopy scar (had this before the maci), I feel the same pain, which never happened before either. This area is extremely sensitive than its ever been before.

I am trying to figure out why & how this pain just started especially why the scar would be hurting and the only thing that comes to mind is that something has gone wrong inside (as the graft is close proximity to that scar).

If someone else has experienced this or knows the reason for this, I would be grateful if you could advice on what is causing this or any related advice is appreciated.

I am extremely worried that I haven't messed up the graft or something and very scared that this pain may have plans to stay.... !

Thank you

Crazynasha
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:36:00 PM by Crazynasha »