Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Foot Pain  (Read 682 times)

Offline jtv

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Foot Pain
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
I am 7 weeks post microfracture surgery.  I saw my doctor yesterday and was told I can now do weight bearing.  He was not sympathetic to my knee pain and swelling and told me I was being a big baby.  Even though I have been very diligent about my exercises and the use of the CPM, I still have a lot of stiffness in my knee and am unable to bend it as much as the doctor wanted.  When I got home from my doctors appt. I attempted to put weight on my leg using crutches and am experiencing a lot of pain in my foot, to where I cant walk without my crutches.  The pain in mostly on top of the foot, and the swelling is quite significant.  Wanted to know if my foot situation is common among others who have had the same surgery.  I start physical therapy this week, twice a week for six weeks.  The doctor acted like I shouldn't need therapy, but since I can't seem to handle the pain he decided to send me to therapy.  I am very disappointed in his treatment of me.

Offline kelkota

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Foot Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 04:53:31 AM »
It's not uncommon to have pain in the foot after being non weight bearing for so long.  Just gradually start putting weight on the leg and allow the muscles and tissues in your foot to accommodate to the weight placed upon them.  Edema in the foot and lower leg also take up a lot of tissue space, so it is also not uncommon to have pain on weight bearing. 
1/4/11 Felt pop in right knee during karate kick
1/31/11 Arthroscopy for R medial menisectomy and chondroplasty MFC