Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Injured knee in hairdressers.  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Gladys Sidebottom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Injured knee in hairdressers.
« on: April 04, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
Afternoon all, I hope you don't mind me picking your brain cells but I am desperate for info on my knee.

Last year I injured my knee in the hairdressers . Basically I tried to move a heavy chair forward (with me sitting in it ) by digging my heels into the floor and dragging it forwards, because there were no casters on it it hardly moved. I felt a little pain at the back of my knee and all over the weekend it ached like mad but on the Monday whilst getting ready to go to the doctors I knocked my foot.

The pain that shot down my lower leg was horrendous and to be honest it made me cry. It settled down a bit until I stepped down off my doorstep and it started again. Even with a walking stick it took me 20 mins to walk to the surgery which is only just around the corner from where I live.

They put me on Tramadol and made an appointment to see the consultant. I didn't leave the house again for a month. The pain in my calf and achilles tendon was really bad so I bought a Tens machine.

I saw the consultant in October he thinks it is referred pain from my back (I have a back problem) and he wants me to have a MRI he wants to eliminate my back before he looks at my knee.

Symptoms; pain behind knee and under left side of knee cap, pain down back of leg, cannot support weight on knee going up stairs and can hardly move it when standing up.

Does anyone know what this can be? The thing is as I haven't had a diagnosis I don't know how I should treat it.

Thank you all. ;D

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Injured knee in hairdressers.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:45:56 AM »
Doesn't anyone have a clue of what it might be, I am desperate for some sort of diagnosis. :(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:16:48 AM »
What you mention can be lots of things, but could also be a back problem.
Have you any MRI scheduled yet ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:54:18 AM »
What you mention can be lots of things, but could also be a back problem.
Have you any MRI scheduled yet ?

Sorry I haven't been able to reply sooner.

He wanted me to have a MRI but as it meant lying on my back with my arms behind my head I found it impossible to stop my back going into spasms so I didn't have it done.

I can hardly stand when I get out of bed my knee/lower leg hurts so much and it hurts when I stand up (but not as bad as when I get out of bed). I have stopped going out every day as it is such an effort and I have put on a lot of weight.

I just wish I knew what the problem is (it is defiantly not bone)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:46:19 AM »
If you can't lay on your back you can be sedated to make that possible. You have to talk with your doc when things aren't working for you, that's the only way to find out what's wrong.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support