Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Curious To Know: How Many Of You Also Have Lupus?  (Read 13165 times)

Offline amyrs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Curious To Know: How Many Of You Also Have Lupus?
« on: November 07, 2003, 05:38:10 PM »
I'm wondering how many knee sufferers also have Lupus?  If so, what are your other symptoms other than knee troubles?

Amy
Knee pain since 2001, braces, physio, taping didn't work, surgeon says its related to my other neurological problems!!

Offline schoolgirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Curious To Know: How Many Of You Also Have Lup
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 05:19:23 AM »
hi Amy, well, two Dr. tell me I have Lupus and one says no its degenerative disease so if I test positive for it and I hurt all the time and so tired all I want to do is sleep, I have the red face mask they talk about and my knees are so bad I cant get up and down well. I finally went to the dr. after taking asprins hoping it  would all go away.I am confused and  wish I could understand it all better.I was upset when the first Dr. said I have lupus and sent me  to the hospital for more tests and they showed the same.The rhumatoligist says it is not lupus unless you have major organ defects. Can some one tell me is that true? debbie58 :D

Offline Sarahreindeer

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Curious To Know: How Many Of You Also Have Lupus?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 01:11:07 AM »
I have had lupus diagnosed since 1991.  I nearly died from it.  It is under control now, but I had chemotherapy, was parlayzed for 4years, etc.  However, your joints CANhurt from lupus including your knees which can be very painful.  I have had to have TKR whether due to the lupus or meds who knows.  Sarah

Offline darkangeleyes98

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 05:46:49 PM »
hi,
 all my aunties have lupus and i am currently under investigation to get it confirmed but i more than likley have got it. i have severe knee pain in both knees OA in one and pettelar femoral (should be getting micro-fracturein few weeks) in the other. but my symptons are mainly showing up as severe joint pain and inflammation so i can not bend fingers or wrist or knees properly also really bad chest pains of inflammation in my breast bone , tiredness, hairloss and raynards disease. only reason i knew what it was is because it runs in the family otherwise i would have thought i was going mad with all the things that were wrong.none of my aunties have had major organ damage one has a slightly weak heart but both were diagnosied early on. my blood test for it came back negative but apparently there still a 20% chance of having it all my other signs and tests point to it so my rheumy is pretty certain it is just very early stages.
 have any queries let me know :).
1987- cyst removal,left knee
1999- cyst removal left knee
2001-arthoroscopy + lr left knee
2001 - pattellar femoral arthritis diagnoised
2005 - arthoroscopy right knee
2005 - oestoarthritis diagnoised

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia as a result of so many surgeries so close together but do not have lupus. I understand that the two diseases are related, am I correct?

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline connie36

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 01:45:10 AM »
My sister has lupus.   But I'm the one in the family with knee issues...  go figure!   Good though, since I think she has enough to worry about.

Offline SarahMN

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
I STARTED WITH LUPUS in 1995.  Then other autoimmune disorders showed up, but not fibromyalgia. 

A good rheum or immunologist can help you sort it out and get the best tx.  I am on IVIG now q 3 weeks, with some steroid injections in the back for spasms q 8 weeks.

Good luck.  Those AIs are tricky and I think once one shows, eventually, like 10 years later, others can join in the crowd. 
3/25/09: R Knee: Arthofibrosis (LOA), chrondoplasty, excise plica, anterior interval release.
11/12/08:  L Knee: LR, Chrondoplasty of patella & MFC, Excise Plica, Synovectomy - 2005-2008: 12-16 weeks bi liateral knee injections with steroids. 
---& tried Synvisc, nothing but cost & 9-10 pain.

support