Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Oh Dear!!! Here We Go Again.  (Read 894 times)

Offline K Johnson

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Oh Dear!!! Here We Go Again.
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I last posted anything. I hope you are all keeping as free of pain as possible x

My last post was that I need a tkr but the surgeon wouldn't go ahead as he said I was too young.  At the time I was gutted and angry but I think he was right. I have managed to survive on good days and bad days without surgery. My problem has now risen it's ugly head with a vengence. When I bend my knee I can hear it is making a grating noise and it has started clicking again. If I put my hand on my knee I can physically feel it grating. The worst of it is that it now keeps me awake at night and the pain is horrendous. I saw my GP last week who sent me off for an Xray immediately and I should have the results by Tuesday. I'm now on strong pain relief which I top up with paracetamol when I have break through pain. Least I can sleep now   :) . The strange thing is that my knee is bearable when I'm up and about but the moment I lie down, this awful pain starts. Has anyone else suffered this symptom? this is new to me. It's driving me mad and I can't stay up 24/7 (my kids say I'm grumpy enough as it is lol). Thank you to anyone that replies.

Kate
4 x Athroscopy
Lateral Release
TTT
Microfracture
Patella Femoral Replacement.                                                TKR 31/05/2016

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
Re: Oh Dear!!! Here We Go Again.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:14 AM »
Hey Kate
Sorry to hear you are suffering again or still worse.  Yes Mine keep me up some nights I think it is the nature of the beast.
Take Care,
Best wishes
Rknees4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!