Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bandaging...please help  (Read 575 times)

Offline sootgremlin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
bandaging...please help
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:04:51 AM »
I had arthroscopy on my right knee on friday, I am due to have acl recon in the near future but surgeon has had to clean out all the fibrous tissue in my knee beforehand. He manipulated the knee under anaesthetic and got it to bend fully and has told me that I can also do this now.he sent me home with no brace or crutches and has told me to keep bending my heel to my bottom, my prob is that thereis no way I can do this as I have a huge bandage and lots of padding around the joint so how on earth am I meant to bend it? It is really worrying me a he kept stressing that I HAVE to bend it alll the way else he willl not do acl recon. Please help.

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 411
  • Neelie knee!
Re: bandaging...please help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
Are you in the UK?  I have had 2 scopes in the UK in the last year or so (different hospitals & surgeons) and both times I have been told to remove the padding the following morning and just keep the wounds dry with the waterproof plasters provided.  I would call the hospital (just phone the ward you were on) and ask if you should still be wearing the padding.  My understanding is that it is a pressure dressing to make sire any bleeding has stopped

Good luck  :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support