Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: do I need surgery  (Read 571 times)

Offline frog05221

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
do I need surgery
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
There is marked patellar cartilage thinning greater than 50% loss diffusely. There are secondary subchondral changes within the patella. There is a 6mm well-circumscribed lesion within the posterior central aspect of the tibia just nonspecific but has the appearance of noncontrasted imaging of an interosseous cyst. Deg...enerative joint disease of patellofemoral compartment right knee. what does this mean (MRI results) There is marked patellar cartilage thinning greater than 50% loss diffusely. There are secondary subchondral changes within the patella. There is a 6mm well-circumscribed lesion within the posterior central aspect of the tibia just nonspecific but has the appearance of noncontrasted imaging of an interosseous cyst. Degenerative joint disease of patellofemoral compartment right knee. what do these MRI results mean do I need surgery

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 370
  • Neelie knee!
Re: do I need surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »
It very much depends,. although articular cartilage damage especially on the patella is not the easiest to treat  What symptoms do you have? What is your history?  It sounds like this is wear and tear but is there history of an injury too?  Are you very active and struggling to do certain sports?  What has your doctor said?

I don't think anyone will be able to say with any certainty what you should or not do based on just an extract from the MRI report :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support