Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 4 weeks since reinjury of aclr  (Read 719 times)

Offline Freelheeler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
4 weeks since reinjury of aclr
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:53:26 PM »
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=55553.msg539257#msg539257

see my earlier post for my story, but in a nut shell today is the 4th week since my reinjury of right aclr knee 10 months post op. 

the knee is still achy and the front/outside tweaks when i plant and twist left, not severe pain but...  i was hoping i dodged a bullet and was going to walk away, but i'm not so sure.  we spent the day in town and i met up with another friend and the first thing out of there mouth is 'are you limping??"  so the knee has but screened and cleared the lachman's test, which makes me hopeful that's i'm just dealing with a sprain?  but after 4 weeks i was hoping for more, any experience?

i've taken a week off at the gym and have limited my activity to RICE, and still haven't felt significant improvement?  might try and get in to see the OS next week, as much as i don't want to.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:16:03 AM by Freelheeler »
right knee, acl hammy recon 4/2010
left knee, acl hammy recon 8/2010

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
Re: 4 weeks since reinjury of aclr
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:54:41 PM »
Having been following your thread since you originally posted, I think it may be time to go see the OS. The knee obviously doesn't feel right and you're concerned about it; you've also given it a decent amount of time to settle down. It does sound like it might be time to get it checked out. From what you've said it doesn't sound as though you injured the graft, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something else going on that you should be treating.

I'm mirroring you once again...had my first big wipeout on the slopes yesterday. Fortunately the bad leg didn't take too much of the impact, but I've done something unpleasant to the lateral side of the good knee which is a bit disappointing. The RICE routine never ends...
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA