Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Unknown fracture!!!  (Read 703 times)

Offline shw

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Unknown fracture!!!
« on: March 18, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
I injured my right knee 16 November 2010 - I went to A&E the same day, had an xray and was told 'everything is as it should be', that I had probably sprained something and that I would be fine by the end of the week. I was advised by GP and Physiotherapist to keep mobile and return to normal activities (walking, gym, spinning classes) as soon as possible, which I did, depsite the pain. No one suspected a fracture.

After months of pain and swelling I was referred for an MRI scan and last week found out that I had sustained an undisplaced fracture to my tibial plateau!!!

I saw the orthopeadic consultant yesterday (he could not open the MRI scans) - he suspects that either the bone has not healed because I have been using it for the last 4 months or the bone has healed and there was also damage to the cartilage, which will probably require surgery...

I am really worried that I have potentially done more damage through not treating the injury correctly from the outset.

Is there anyone else out that can offer some advice or that has been through a similar thing...