Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: issues after TTT and screw removal  (Read 1762 times)

Offline melbell

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
issues after TTT and screw removal
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
So I am new to this site and am very interested in hearing from individuals who may be in a similar situation as me.  I am 26, have had 4 knee surgeries,  the 3rd being a TTT and chondroplasty nearly 3 years ago on my right knee (thankfully no lateral release!).  I had the screws removed and another scope done this past fall due to shin discomfort.  I am unable to run any long distances (I was a distance runner prior to the "big" surgery as my husband and I have come to refer to it) unless it is on an eliptical (thank goodness for those!).  My shin/lower knee pain has recently started up again, and is starting to burn more than just ache.  It is directly below my knee, and I'm wondering if this sounds like a common issue that others who have had a TTT have experienced.  Thanks for any input!

Offline tink1976

• Regular Poster
Re: issues after TTT and screw removal
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 02:01:58 AM »
Welcome to the site. Sorry you are going through all this.

I had a Fukerson Osctomey ( which is similar to a TTT) back in September. I also had a LR, cartledge repair and scraped out arthritis. I still have my screws but I also have the burning sensation under my knee and on the sides of it. When I talked to my OS about it he said it was nerve endings. Does it burn all the time or just when you over use it? Have you talked to your OS about it?  The only think that I have found that works it just to take it easy when it starts burning. It can get pretty bad. At least with me it can. Sorry I couldnt be of much help. Hope things get better for you. Take care

Tink
Dislocations from 93
Fulkerson TTT
LR
Cartledge repair
scrape of arthritis

Offline melbell

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 01:22:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply :)  It seems to really only hurt when I overuse it, I have been icing it and taking motrin as needed which seems to help significantly.  I have not talked to my OS about this yet, so maybe I will ask if it doesn't improve soon. 

Offline mcmurrow

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »
Had the maquet which i believe is a lot like the TTT back in 97 and screw removed in 98. Still burns under my knee sometimes and especially if that spot where the screw was gets hit in any way! 

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:04:11 AM »
I think the burning thing is a common problem.  Take the motrin and ice and elevate on the overdue days. I think it is just the reminder of surgery I get it in the first post op knee.
Take Care,
Rknees4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

support