Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee plica hypermobile meniscus chondral lesion  (Read 2691 times)

Offline broken

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
knee plica hypermobile meniscus chondral lesion
« on: November 05, 2003, 03:54:06 PM »
injury on 10/15/02 twisted knee surg. on 3/13/03 was told i had hypermobile meniscus(thermal shrinkage)plica removal also was told i have a grade II chondral lesion of the patella.now(11/5/03)after 5 months of pt. i still have pain on knee cap and intense pain on lateral side of knee (i can put my finger on it and push slightly and cause pain) also hurts every time my leg swings(walking)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: knee plica hypermobile meniscus chondral lesio
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 05:05:25 PM »
Hey you !!

Go see a doc and you get the right help immidiately instead of trying to figure it out by yourself.
For me it sounds that your knee isn't healed. Isn't easy to answer so difficult question when your not a surgeon and with almost no background. Hope you get help really soon.

hugs nettan   ;D
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 115
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 02:34:53 AM »
Please explain what they did to the meniscus. Was the thermal shrinkage applied to the meniscus or a ligament? Was it a 'discoid' meniscus?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 02:35:09 AM by admin »
--
KNEEguru

Offline broken

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 05:08:58 PM »
thermal shrinkage was done to meniscus.i think intense pain i feel is from plica removal,my kneecap was tracking one way for 30 yrs., now it is tracking differently.i have intense pain when i extend my leg, most likely due to the chondral leision.i go for another mri on 11/24/03.my doc says pain maybe from scar tissue that "rollled"into joint.doc also thinks mri will only show no muscle.