Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Question  (Read 763 times)

dcs

ACL Question
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:46:38 AM »
Hi,

Last Thursday I was running to an incident at work when my right knee gave way causing me to stumble? I felt a very slight click sensation with no major pain. The following morning I caught my foot on freshly polished floor and again my knee gave way. Since the first incident my right knee has given way on 6 -8 occassions. I am having problems stepping up in particular when I am carring heavy items which has rsulted with my knee giving way. I have seen a sports doctor this morning who believes I have torn my ACL and has refered me to have an MRI tomorrow. I would like to know if it is common that I have had no sweelling or real pain? The sports doc has performed numerous test today and compared my right knee (injuried) to my left knee and showed me the difference between both knees. My right knee feels quite weak and unstable, like it can't hold my weight?

If anyone has had a similar diagnosis please let me know as a bit concern this may be seriuos!

DCS
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:14:03 PM by dcs »

Offline Freelheeler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:17:41 PM »
sorry...

check out YOUTUBE, and search "knee exams, ACL" there's some really good info
right knee, acl hammy recon 4/2010
left knee, acl hammy recon 8/2010

dcs

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:49 AM »
Thanks for the info

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:52:05 AM »
It's certainly more common to have pain and swelling with an ACL injury, but it's not unheard of not to have any. I'm afraid the instability is a much stronger indication that something has happened to the ACL. Fingers crossed, though - it's also possible to be showing all the signs of an ACL tear, and then find out via MRI or scope that it's actually intact. I very much hope that this is the case for you.
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

support