Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: has na1 had there knee caps removed????  (Read 641 times)

Offline lainey_bee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
has na1 had there knee caps removed????
« on: March 13, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »
hi can anyone please give me any info on having your kneecaps removed as i am seeing a surgeon in less than 10 days time as they want to see about removing both of my knee caps but i have no idea about what is involved about any of it or how it will look, how will my knee function without the kneecaps and about another million things that are going through my head right now so i would be extremelly gratefull on any info that anyone has especially from people who have experienced this procedure thanks for any help anyone can give me ??? :-[ :'( ???

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
Re: has na1 had there knee caps removed????
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 01:21:28 AM »
lainey,
There are a few who have talked about it and have decided not to because it still creates problems of it own. A surgeon on here drmark thinks it is almost never a good idea.
Look down all the posts and find some post by Tiffany she and dr mark had a discussion on thread.
Take Care.
Rknees4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: has na1 had there knee caps removed????
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 01:24:34 AM »
Do a search on Patellaectomy (name of the surgery) and you should find a few posting about the surgery.

It is very rare anymore since it is considered the very last resort (and somewhat out of date).  The surgery was mentioned to me before I had my PFJR but the OS also told me he would not preform the surgery if that was my decision.  My advise to get many more opinions before you allow anyone to remove your patella!

Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope