Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PFR-Knee pain-Who has had this?  (Read 135849 times)

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
Re: PFR-Knee pain-Who has had this?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
Well I made it through today.  Knee pain is bad...chewing gum, deep breathing, and meditation helps (I am not into pain meds).  My family is helpful, but I hate to be waited on.  (Reminds me of my high school years...On pain meds, crutches, and operations).  I am not the "stand still" type of person.

Just grit my teeth and push on through.  I have my first pre-surgery doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day...
Mr.F

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
Had my pre-opt doctor appointment today.  Nothing exciting except I got my paperwork for a 6 month handicapped parking pass.  I had blood taken today.  What is worse than blood being taken?  Taking the tape off my hairy arm (ouch ripping out hair on my arm).  Less than 25 days until surgery.  Now I am walking with a cane.  I do not know if I will make it to my surgery day.  Also I hope my left knee holds up until surgery.

Take care,
Mr.F

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »
So the blood draw was ok, just not the tape?  ;D  Really though, blood tests are a drag.  Does the cane help at all, or just allow you to get from point A to point B?  Feels like it won't last, but somehow you'll get there.  When it gets really bad you can only take things a bit at a time.  The next 20ish days will seem pretty long, but they will pass.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
I have been fortunate the last 2 times I had blood drawn the nurses have had a good touch.  There was minimal pain.  Now waiting for the results.  The cane helps some.  I am able to get through a work day with less pain.  I am hoping to get through the next 20ish days.
Today was better than yesterday, but still painful.  People were concerned and very helpful.  Some thought I had my operation (I wish I could be walking and back to work within a week after TKN).
I keep positive thoughts and am grateful that my only problems are my knees.  So many more people have it worse off than myself.  I try to smile, be positive, joke around, and help others.

Take care,
Mr.F

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
Staying positive is the hard part sometimes.  I did go back to work (desk job) in three weeks after my partial.  So I guess it would depend on how you are doing and type of job.  Two weeks may be really pusing though. ;D  Glad the cane helps some, takes some weight off it I suppose.  Hang in there...
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
Some positives today:  1) I received a call from my doctor all pre-op test look good, so surgery is a go, 2) my insurance company approved the procedure, and 3) I obtained my handicapped parking permit today.  Along with all of these items, tomorrow I am going to check out a knee rehab center.
On the other hand, still in lots of pain, walking with the cane, and stuck on the sofa.  I see my future...Monday on the sofa with my iceman cooler and electric stim machine.

Take care,
Mr.F

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
Well at least the surgery is a go, with the doc, hospital and insurance.  Every day is one day closer.  As for staying on the couch Monday, well I know at least in my area, they have some great war movies on TV all weekend.  If you like watching those.  I like the old WWII John Wayne one's myself.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
I have not checked the TV line up for this weekend.  My son will suggest movies from Netflix or DVDs we have at home.  Also I have databases I need to create for work.  I am just happy to be off my feet for an extra day. 

Last night was bad.  I could not get comfortable, rolled and rolled.  Every time I moved my leg my knee would catch and pop.  Very painful.  I am surprised that there is no swelling in the knee.  I am just hoping the knee holds out until surgery.  Within 3 weeks until the big day.

Enjoying the beautiful weather...I was sitting outside with the family when I came home from work (no more rain).

Have a fantastic weekend...Get out and enjoy some time with friends and family,

Mr.F

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
Having another bad weekend..lots of pain.  Although I am enjoying the incredible weather we are having.  (Sat outside, enjoyed the sun, and felt somewhat better...beats the sofa).

Since the pain is causing limited mobility I had to do something I did not want to do.  I have a manual transmission car.   (Try driving a manual transmission vehicle after knee replacement.  Bad enough...right.  Well I am feeling lots of pain in my left knee.  I am feeling sore in certain areas in the patella.  I believe my left knee will need to be replaced within a year.)  I love my economy car (fun to drive and very good gas millage). Traded it in yesterday and got an updated version, of the car, in automatic transmission.  Very good car, same gas millage, just less pickup.  The kickers were the trade in value and the incredibly low interest rate.

My son was excited about getting a new car.  Since he loves the color, and thinks he is going to get the car when he turns 16.

Get out and enjoy the great weather,

Mr.F

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
A manual transmisstion with a bum knee is bad.  I've tried it.  That's why I've had an automatic for years.  It has become painfully obvious that my right knee needs some work.  I drove a 4 hours round trip to see a cousin of mine yesterday (in a rainstorm too) and my knee is very unhappy with me today.  Popping and wanting to give out at random moments.  I guess a trip to the doc is on the agenda in the near future.

At least you could get out of the house.  A change of scenery helps you feel better.  The poor sleep does not help.  I think the more tired you are the more it hurts.

Plan to grill tonight with at least one of the kids.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
Get the knee looked at, and taken care of.  Enjoy the grilling tonight.  My wife and son are at the movies.  I am doing the laundry (and yes I will be in pain later), at least it keeps my busy.

We are taking a trip later on this year (driving).  Yet another reason to get an automatic transmission car.

Take care, and enjoy time with your family...

Mr.F

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 06:52:36 PM »
6 loads of laundry yesterday and now icing the knee while watching Star Wars movies.  Left knee is starting to give me problems.  Iced it for about half an hour and feeling good.  Hopefully that is all I needed.

Have a great day
Mr.F

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 03:07:57 AM »
At least the movies help you take your mind off the knee a bit. I will get the knee checked out and when I have the time built up I will take care of it.  The holiday weekend was great, spending time with the family.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »
Going to the doctor tomorrow for a pre op physical.  Let the fun begin.  On Saturday I will be visiting another knee rehab center.  Into the 2 weekish period until surgery.  It can not come soon enough.

I think I am going to get hair cutter this weekend.  I am going to shave my head prior to surgery.  (No need to wash my hair...It also helps that I have a receding hairline).

Take care,

Mr.F

PS-Enjoy the weather, go out and do something with the family.  I am going to try this weekend.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »
The surgery date is getting closer for you.  I think the hair cut is a good plan.  Not only less to wash probably cooler in the summer heat.  Just don't forget sunscreen! 
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

support