Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: i am soooo bored  (Read 901 times)

Offline seantomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
i am soooo bored
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »
Hi all
 Currently recovering from H.T.O. and i am bored. six weeks in full leg cast,and now cannot get about much.belive it or not i think i have read the internet.yep all of it (apart from those sites) played xbox to death,read lots of books,slept,i am that bored i have even started doing my physio.I cannot belive how i ever had the energy to work,physio thinks another 6 to 12 weeks before i can return to work.But at least i will be well rested.
Anyway must dash my online teach yourself mongolian class is starting.
chin up everone.

Offline Calamityrach

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: i am soooo bored
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:30 PM »
Keep your Chin up Sean !!!!   ;)

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Sean

Keep positive, as I know what it is like, having had a HTO in November. I am now back at work, and it's great as I can feel the benefit of the op. When do you get your cast off? Where did you have your op? I know different OS' have differing opinions, but not many put a full cast on!!! You will have to do loads of physio, as your poor muscles won't have done a lot for weeks, so try to do your physio as that will help. I got bored doing physio, pestered my OS and physio to go swimming, but perserved because I had waited for the op and knew that I could benefit and get my life back.

Having said that as soon as you get the cast off, you will be able to get about a bit better, and physio will be easier. I didn't think I would ever get back to work but I am 17 weeks post op, and discharged from physio, and only use a walking stick when I am going further or have had a busy day and the leg is aching. I was surprised how over the last three weeks I have been able to feel the leg getting stronger. My leg is now my guide, and I take note of how it feels, rest if it aches.

Just wait until you are fully mobile and back doing the things that you love doing. A few weeks out of your life now, will give you a better life later on!!

Keep positive

WD

Offline seantomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
Thanks Wonky.The reason for the leg cast is because i have not got a cruciate ligament and the inside ligament had over streached,i may need to go back in for fkr if i will not heal.but its getting better day by day,glad to here your on the mend.Looking forward really just sometimes it gets boring

Offline bobsknee42

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »
19 days post TKR.  So bored that I might start the trust and personal tax returns that I have to do.
Please pray that on Tuesday next the doctor will give me back my car keys.

Offline snail47

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Acl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:50:21 AM »
I had my acl and lcl replaced in 2009 and telly was loads better so I did not get to bored but I had my acl and a opening wedge Hto on the 24th of feb and I'm so bored. At least I will be a expert on houses and antiques.  ;)

support