Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: GOOD KNEE WORSENING AFTER PKR.... HELP!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline mamalama

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
GOOD KNEE WORSENING AFTER PKR.... HELP!
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »
HEY GUYS,
              I AM JUST PAST 2 MONTHS RECOVERY OF LEFT PFJR. FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS MY GOOD KNEE (RIGHT) HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME.  BUT NOW IT IS SO BAD. CLICKING, POPPING, AND PAIN IS WORSENING ESPECIALLY WITH BENDING AND ON THE BIKE.   DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM?    I REALLY THOUGH I HAD SOME TIME WITH THE OTHER KNEE AND THAT IT WOULDN'T GET THIS BAD THIS FAST...  RIGHT KNEE HAS BEEN DOING ALL THE WORK FOR THE LAST 10 MONTHS SINCE MY INJURY, MUSCLES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE.   OS STATES ARTHRITIS, BUT I FEAR THAT IT IS MUCH WORSE... THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE REPLIES....

MAMALAMA

Offline bazmama

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: GOOD KNEE WORSENING AFTER PKR.... HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 05:27:48 AM »
I am in the same boat :)  bilateral PKR seems to be in my not too distant future.. this sucks!

PS,3 weeks post op, i still can't go up steps normally damn it!

Offline Stasha83

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
I have the same problem  :-[ I had my first surgery in June and damaged the meniscus in my other leg a few months later by compensating. I had another surgery last Friday and the other leg just cannot cope, it keeps giving way on the stairs and I keep falling which is not good 4 days post op  :(

I don't know what the solution is for us? My physio mentioned this morning that I might need to use a support on it but isn't sure this would help at all. I just need it to hold out long enough for the other leg to recover!
June 2010 - R knee TPF & Hoffa removal
Dec 2010 - R knee- Arthrofibrosis
Dec 2010 - L knee Myxoid degeneration of meniscus
Jan 2011 - R Knee 11 steroid injections & Synvisc1
Feb 11 - MUA & LOA
June 11- Steroid inj, EMG & nerve tests
Aug 11 - MUA & LOA
Feb 12 - R Knee denervation

Offline mamalama

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies.... therapist  states that as soon as you start working on the one leg too hard or for long enough that it starts to break down... I guess that's why you hear of alot of knee patients  have both knees done or operated on..  yes this does totally suck..   I too can hardly get up from a chair.  Wonder why OS is waiting, for left knee to get better or until right knee collaspes.   

Sorry to hear that other people are in same boat.. I would hope no one else would have to go through we have to endure.

my husband bought me a kayak to raise my spirits. not sure if knees can take too long sitting still.   can wait for weather to break to get out on the water....

take care guys...

mamalama

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:36:32 PM »
Welcome to the club.
Only problem it is a vicious cycle.  Had TTT/LR/clean up on right over 1 year ago, Now doing left and right is now screaming blue murder again just can't win. I have come to find bad knees are just that bad knees. :-\ Which ever one gets the work isn't happy.
Rk4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline mamalama

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »
Hey RK4 thanks for the response.  Seen by OS Last week, waiting on  worker's comp. to approve work right knee. I am so very afraid that right knee will need what the left needed and that was a PFJR.   Having a very difficult time with stairs up and down.  Left one giving problems with swimming. I use the swimfins but lately me knee hurts worse with this activity.  My therapist said swimming was good. ?????

MAMALAMA

support