Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Belly dancing?  (Read 571 times)

Offline soozles

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • PCL recovery blog
Belly dancing?
« on: February 11, 2011, 03:54:50 AM »
Might be an odd question, but has anyone tried belly dancing with a bum knee? My sister found a coupon for a belly dance studio at 50% off for 5 beginner classes, and it looks like so much fun, so we signed up for the class that is starting March 26. The coupon was expiring tomorrow, so we had to register for the class by then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can do it, by that point, I will be something like 17-18 weeks post op (surgery was in November), and my OS did say that by 4 months post op, I should be about 80% of where I was before the surgery. I did talk to the people that run the studio, and they told me that the beginner class is very low impact, that if I can walk normally, then I can bend my knees for belly dancing. They said that they do teach floor work in the more advanced classes, where you are dancing on your knees basically, but that won't be in the beginner class that I would be taking. I see my doctor again in the beginning of March, and he mentioned that it might be the last time I need to see him after surgery, so I'm thinking belly dancing can be fun :) I'm going to be a shimmy machine! And now I have a reason to work even harder in PT.
May 2005: Torn PCL, misdiagnosed as chondromalacia
April 2010: pain worse, lots of instability
Nov. 23, 2010: PCL reconstruction
progress here: http://pclrecovery.blogspot.com/

support