Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2 KNEE ATHROSCOPY'S & NOW MY KNEE TWITCHES.  (Read 826 times)

Offline KNEE INJURY

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 KNEE ATHROSCOPY'S & NOW MY KNEE TWITCHES.
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:15:42 AM »
Hi, i had a work injury in mid 2009 that caused a cartlidge miniscal tear. After having my first knee athroscopy back in Nov 2009 for the torn cartlidge, my knee started collapsing, i had new knee pain and my knee also started twitching uncontrollaby when ever i do my physio. After many complaints to my health service provider, they did another MRI and it showed there was still a large cartlidge tear in my knee so i had another athroscopy in 2010. I still get some pain and there is still swelling around my knee, still twitching with no control and now my health provider sent me for a MRI and has told me i have patella tendinosis.  Can you tell me could this be a result of either the injury i had at work or a result of the athroscopy.  Also any clue with what is causing the knee twitching?... any thoughts would be greatly apprecaited. I just want my knee fixed.  Thank you.

Offline knee always hurts

• Forum Faithful
Re: 2 KNEE ATHROSCOPY'S & NOW MY KNEE TWITCHES.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:18:33 AM »
Since I'll assume that you did some basic muscle strengthening after your surgery, it probably isn't as a result of muscle weakness. Perhaps the surgeon damaged a nerve during surgery? They probably wouldn't want to tell you this if that is the case. If you are still going to the same surgeon, perhaps trying to get a second opinion would make sense.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5008379_symptoms-nerve-damage-knee.html

Offline KNEE INJURY

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 2 KNEE ATHROSCOPY'S & NOW MY KNEE TWITCHES.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:53:17 AM »
Thank you for your reply, i had a fair idea that may of been the case since i have been doing my muscle strenghtening for some time now with a physio therapist and at home. I will raise that question of nerve damage and see what they say.  Thank you again.

support