Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: prolotherapy success for knee tendonitis  (Read 1003 times)

Offline soccerparent

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
prolotherapy success for knee tendonitis
« on: December 20, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi, I have a teenage daughter who plays a lot of soccer and has had a number of knee related soft tissue problems on and off over the past three years (tendonitis, PFPS, Osgood Schlatter diagnosis at various times - I think it is a little bit of everything and comes down to tendons and ligaments that need repair and strengthening and haven't really healed?) so we just had her third prolotherapy treatment a few days ago with her forth scheduled in early January. We are seeing a MD who had been doing prolotherapy for about ten years and is using a dextrose solution. He said we would need 6-8 treatments. I was wondering if people had success with prolotherapy for this type of condition, how long it took to really heal, and what to expect from one month to two months and then three months. We are really hoping that prolotherapy helps since we don't think there is a need for going the surgery route but with her ongoing series of knee pain and injuries something needs to improve to continue her passion. One thing I asked about was prolotherapy with PRP and the MD so far said the evidence so far didn't indicate a big benefit over using a dextrose solution. I really appreciate any personal experiences,tips and suggestions. Thanks!

Offline steveboyd.com

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: prolotherapy success for knee tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »
I just had my second prolotherapy session for a torn MCL and meniscus. I will keep you posted on how things go!