Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Fulkerson osteotomy/MPFL reconstruction and lateral release  (Read 907 times)

Offline purplechick13

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • When your given M&Ms ya gotta eat them!!:)
Fulkerson osteotomy/MPFL reconstruction and lateral release
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:23:45 AM »
My 13 year old daughter is almost 6 days post op after having a Fulkerson osteotomy/MPFL reconstruction and lateral release. Her knee caps began dislocating when she was about 10 during a soccer game. After that it was all down hill. They began to dislocate just from sitting in a chair, her first surgery was a waste of time the OS just stapled the growth plates hoping this would help stabilize the knee caps. No so luck, just made lots of scar tissue and caused arthritis. Now 2 years later she has gone through this new surgery. Surgery went well, I wasn't prepared for it to last 5 1/2 hours but I made it. The first 24 hours went with out a hitch, then they removed the IV drip and she was in the worse pain I have ever seen and I have birthed 3 children. She remained in the hospital 3 days which I thought wasn't to bad. She is a softball player and eager to heal so she can try out for her freshmen year next spring. When the season is over we have to go through the whole thing all over if with the other leg. I am looking for all the advice I can get on making this recovery a success!!!! Thank you.javascript:void(0);
WHEN LIFE PUTS YOU IN A PICKLE : JUST EAT YOUR WAY OUT!!!!
YUM!!:)