Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Recent scar tissue diagnosis - any advice?  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Recent scar tissue diagnosis - any advice?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
Hi Aly,

I will stop doing the squats and lunges for the next five weeks to rule out that putting too much strain might be causing the knee effusion and inflammation of the patella tendon when I see my OS again. The damage has already been done, I am hoping my OS improve it after removing the excessive scar tissue around the patella tendon thanks to my former PT's incompetence.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »
Hi Aly,

I will stop doing the squats and lunges for the next five weeks to rule out that putting too much strain might be causing the knee effusion and inflammation of the patella tendon when I see my OS again. The damage has already been done, I am hoping my OS improve it after removing the excessive scar tissue around the patella tendon thanks to my former PT's incompetence.

[email protected]

Hello Nick,

Some PT are incompetent with hoffa's syndrome and chondromalacia , they want to build muscles with their exercises but our body react different.
I had 5 different PT, and I said stop no more PT, because I  had a lot swelling and pain.
I decided to start easy with isometric exercises, and with anti-inflammatory supplement, because I had a lot inflammation after PT. I take supplement every day MSM, Collagen, Same-400mg and Turmeric.
Also, my right hip started grinding, for hip that is not good to do leg raises.
I will try to find on youtube my exercises who I do.

You know, now I am interested about Lipogemps, but I am scared because my hoffa's syndrome how my hoffa's will react.

Offline spannerwingnut

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 06:30:26 AM »
My surgery date was moved forward due to a cancellation, so i had a manipulation done on Thursday, two days ago!
The surgeon decided to try a manipulation first and if he couldn't regain my full ROM then he would go in for the Arthroscopy. But he decided not to go in, so i had manipulation done under spinal nerve block.
Well, i have never know pain like it! I was kept in overnight as was struggling to manage my pain, we never did find a solution with drugs, codiene didn't work, morphine didn't really do anything except make me sick. Icing seems to be the only thing that really makes it feel any better. So keeping it straight, and hoping the pain will ease. Have got codeine, paracetamol & ibuprofen so just hoping that the worst of the pain is over and i am more used to it now!
Have got excercises to do, currently still hurts like a bitch to bend it, but doc said that will come back after a while. So just moving it as much as i can.
Fingers crossed!
Grade II Sprain of MCL & MPFL & bone bruising
Ski accident 30th Jan 2017. Xray of knee in Austria.
19th Feb - MRI done in UK
26th Feb - 1st Physio appointment, 16th March 2nd physio
24th March 2017 - consulatation with orthopaedic surgeon
29th June - MUA under spinal nerve block

Online vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 450
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
Hope the pain eases off soon and that the manipulation has worked :)

If still struggling with pain, perhaps your GP could prescribe some tramadol as an alternative to the codeine (personally I find it less constipating, if taking any opiate drink lots and up the fibre)

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

support