Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: acl manipulation/tissue removal?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline qucikslick123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
acl manipulation/tissue removal?
« on: May 12, 2017, 05:47:23 AM »
hey everyone. i had ACL/MCL repair on 1/30. Did not start PT right away and on 2/28 i got a PE clot in my lungs and was in ICU for weeks! This is causing me to take blood thinners for up to a FULL YEAR now!

I started my 1st PT session on 3/23. almost 2 FULL months of no PT and not walking too much due to the hospital. the amount of PAIN and scar tissue i have in my knee is INSANE. All the guys at PT have never seen such a rare case like mine in their life.

took me about 1 full month of going to PT 5 times a week to even be able to lift my leg up from 0 muscle in my quads.

on 3/25 i had my very 1st popping of scar tissue happen in my knee at PT and pretty much passed out from the pain. I sounded like someone chopping wood!

as of today 5/11, I can only bend about 70 degrees and the pain is so damn intense i cant bend anymore. I scream like im getting murdered and i fight back without even knowing. Sweating bullets and on the verge of passing out. My PT guy has no other options for me. Im so unmotiavted and pretty much hit a wall and cant do anything else. I am going back to my knee surgon next week to ask him about anything that can be done. I need either scar tissue removed or a manipulation done.  The thing is, I am on blood thinners! I spoke to my blood doctor and she told me its common for people to get surgry while on thinners, just need to stop them before it and continute after it.

If i get cleared for the scar tissue removal, is there hope it will help me?? I am coming up on almost 5 f***ing months of the surgery and cant bend without screaming at the top of my lungs. for me to bend anymore i need to be knocked out cold

Offline Bronwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: acl manipulation/tissue removal?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »
I had manipulation under anaesthetic and scar tissue removal six weeks ago. Before that I could only bend to 90 and couldn't entirely straighten. Within two weeks of the op I'd got the entire range of motion back. The surgeon said the operation wasn't guaranteed to restore full motion though and you do have to commit to physio straight after the operation. It will still feel stiff and you have to push through it. It's nowhere near the block and pain you're feeling at the moment though. I'd definitely recommend it. Make sure you get physio lined up for a week after the op and expect to be back on crutches for a week or so. Best of luck :)

Offline qucikslick123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: acl manipulation/tissue removal?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:30 AM »
I had manipulation under anaesthetic and scar tissue removal six weeks ago. Before that I could only bend to 90 and couldn't entirely straighten. Within two weeks of the op I'd got the entire range of motion back. The surgeon said the operation wasn't guaranteed to restore full motion though and you do have to commit to physio straight after the operation. It will still feel stiff and you have to push through it. It's nowhere near the block and pain you're feeling at the moment though. I'd definitely recommend it. Make sure you get physio lined up for a week after the op and expect to be back on crutches for a week or so. Best of luck :)

thanks for the info! makes me feel like theres hope for me! i am prob getting the scar tissue removal after all...i was also told by my doctor that he wants me back in PT the NEXT day. so ill be back at getting tortured in PT right away!

support