Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: In hospital right now  (Read 813 times)

Offline Z u l u

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
In hospital right now
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
Hey guys and girls thought i'd make a quick thread about my ACL Reconstruction, as i type this i am lying in bed in recovery, the nurses are taking great care of me, i am in bit of pain, ive had a couple doses of morphine, 1 diclophenic, 2 codine and 2 paracetamol.

The only problem i am having is not being able to urinate in the things i have been given, it just won't come out lol, they won't let me go to the bathroom. Im sure it will come out when it has to.

Other than that im feeling good.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
Re: In hospital right now
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:58 AM »
Congrats on making it through to the other side! Sounds like all is going as well as can be expected given that you've had major knee surgery.

Take care, listen to your nurses, and hopefully it's all good from here! I hope this turns out to be a good birthday gift in the long run, even if you're still feeling sore on the day...
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline MUMofpain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
Hi.  My son is one week ahead of you having had his acl hamstring reconstruction on 12th Jan.  I shall look out for your posts and see if I can pass on any helpful tips.  All the best for a good recovery.
27th September 2010 - Tore acl at football
12th January 2011 - ACL reconstruction (Hamstring)

Offline jacquels

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:07:51 PM »
hi there :)

im 2 and a half weeks post op, the pain goes within days , and before you know it you'll be on one crutch which i am now managing

this op requires alot of patience, well done for having the bravery to go through it !

take care

jacquel

Offline MUMofpain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
Hi.  Wondered how things were going for you? 

My son is now day 8 post acl reconstruction. Very painful for him and still taking his full amount of painkillers but managing to sleep at night.  Cannot put his weight on his foot yet but a small improvement in mobility and confidence as each day passes.  Feeling different pains on different days, today he is feeling like his nerves are stinging and ankle is a bit swollen, still hardly any bruising only a bit yellow.

All recoveries are different, sounds like Jacquel's doing great.
27th September 2010 - Tore acl at football
12th January 2011 - ACL reconstruction (Hamstring)

support