Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: meniscal tear-AGAIN  (Read 816 times)

Offline rbame

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
meniscal tear-AGAIN
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »
My husband had meniscal surgery in Sept - a horizontal superior articular tear on the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus.  He continued to have problems after surgery so his Dr. ordered anothe MRI, we recieved the results and now he has a longitudinal tear of the anterior horn of the lateral minescus.  How is this and what caused this??

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: meniscal tear-AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
It's hard to speculate on exactly what caused it... you'll have to ask your dh if he remembers twisting or tweaking his knee at some point or doing something that caused some increased pain. Only thing you can do now is deal with it.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline rbame

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: meniscal tear-AGAIN
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »
Is it true or possible that the menicus  that was "shaved" in Sept. "dies" off the blood flow and this could result in the new tear.  He hasn't done anything he shouldn't have and hasn't been working which would involve alot of rotating and pivoting.