Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 1st knee MRI- help with results?  (Read 972 times)

Offline sjdim

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
1st knee MRI- help with results?
« on: January 14, 2011, 02:16:49 AM »
My knee started bothering me in mid-November, I noticed it for the first time on a long plane ride . It was markedly aching and uncomfortable. It continued on and off with some slight swelling, some clicking on the knee. (those are still there) Saw my general Dr. and she had me take Aleve for 2 weeks to see if it would help, and then she ordered an MRI. I had that Dec 21st and was then referred to an orthopedic Doctor who I see next week. I picked up my report today and only understand bits of it. Hopefully someone can give me some feedback. Thankfully I am not in immense pain, it is annoying and achey with some stiffness with some twinges of pain. I am a woman in my mid 30's and have to run after 2 kids and having an achy knee isn't conducive to that!

I wanted to know a little going into the appointment. Though I am not in too much pain, I also don't want to be just told to take Aleve. I think there is nothing too bad in the report, but hoping for insight.

I will leave out the things that they said were normal or intact since it would be too long if I included.

Medial meniscus:Globular and somewhat linear signal abnormality in the posterior horn which extends to the capsule but not to the superior or inferior articular surface
Anterior Cruciate ligament: Elevated intrasubstance signal with mild adjacent bony remodeling in the tibial plateau. there is no fiber disc.
Articular cartilage:Mildly elevated signal without loss of thickness of cartilage at the posterior weightbearing surface medial femoral condyle. Otherwise preserved

Impression:
1. Grade II degenerative signal abnormality within the medial meniscus without definite tear. Small far peripheral tear posterior horn is diffidult to entirely exclude
2.Linear high signal with the ACL with mild adjacent bony remodeling consistent with ACL sprain or early mucoid degeneration.
3.Early chondral lesion of the posterior weight-bearing surface medial femoral condyle. Articular cartilage otherwise preserved.

Thank you!

support