Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: G'day to everyone  (Read 3476 times)

bean11

G'day to everyone
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »
My story started when my dad died on 11/11/ 1985 IT was about 2 weeks after my dad died that I tried to see how fast I could get around this   "S" bend on my 1985 CBX750F I got around the first bend doing 155kmph, then as i tried to go round the second bend, there were three kids that threw a hand full of rocks in front of me !!!! all I could say was o SH---T ! I had a 2" skin graft to my left knee (was 23 years old) then I met my wife Nadene in hospital she had Aaron 4years  & Micheal 6months old, she had a limph glan growth removed from her neck. NOW she is a Registerd nurse at the hospital where we met !!!! now last june 14 I hit a tray top ute in the rear lefthand corner of his tray,I dont remember standing up, thats when the femur in my right leg came through it, owch after several x-rays & last week finding out that I have no bone link-up at all due to the distance of fragments to "bridge up" im now facing 6-12 months more time after when ever they schedual my next "BONEGRAFT" Surgery, when I was working it was as a boilermaker welder and now all four sons R now grown up but still living at home !!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:37:02 AM by bean11 »

Offline randoknee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 10
Re: G'day to everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »
Wow Bean!  Horrible injury but at least you've got a good story. 

Mine's not...18 months after having my patellar tendon repaired I was  Walking across by back yard with an empty bucket my left patella snapped in two.  Cussing and swearing like an un-medicated turrets patient... at least they could use the old incision line. 

Good vibes heading your way for a good result.
Dan
12/08 L patellar tendon rupture (mush) -ORIF  -  8/10  fx of L patella  - 8/10 ORIF L Patella 9/10  dx patella alta  - 2/11 dx "delayed union" - 6/11  L knee scope / HW remvd.- 6/13  R Knee Scope - 11/13 R knee PFA - 6/14 Left knee PFA - 10/14 L Knee TTO- 11/16 L patellar tendon repair & augment

bean11

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »
glad you can see good vibes Ill take it though, yeh guess all here look at our selfs with abit of self pitty as in yer own case it aint fun, this place is one of a few spots that stop me going nuts, but thats why we are all here hey, hope your New year is better than this very mixed year Ive had cobber take care an cheers from Stephen ! ;D

bean11

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:30:06 AM »
 :D just got news today of my Bone Graft surgery date, its on the 24th of Febuary so now at least I can plan my full recovery :D

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
Bean good news on the surgery date, the injurys you have had sound really nasty so hope this is you on the track to getting back to normal.
Take care Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

bean11

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
 Thankyou tez ;D snowy mentoined your hubby rides a bike ? yes i,m glad at least I know when I can start rehab yet again, I,m hoping as I have a  sports bet on with one of my ZX1400 Ninja mates matt1414 in Sydney that his fibia/tiba came outside his leg  :(  he had his cast on for ten months,& rehab for 6 months before he could ride/work again ! by the time i,m post-op I will have only seven months to win my Sports/bet :D so that would be @ the end of September ! so I did this for a personal challenge to help me keep focused for normal life again because my best hobby is boilermaking/welding going for weekend rides with Nadene and my mates for day trips & a meal at a hotel at our different areas, and of course maintaining my home, sorry to ramble on tez but as you know I have too much spare time on my hands 8) thanks again I wish you and all folks here a better time for 2011 ;D