Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 2568 times)

Offline James112

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello Everyone!
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:44:58 AM »
I'm James, I'm originally from Oxford, England. Currently living stateside in Kentucky with my wife, Tessa (her home state). I found this forum while doing a search for my wife. We are 24 years old. Tessa is the one with the knee problems. Last January, she was diagnosed with severe patella tendonitis, a partially torn patella tendon, and a partially torn lateral meniscus in her left knee. I take care of her when I come home from school and work. Conservative treatments haven't provided her much relief. She keeps her leg propped up and applies ice frequently and works hard on her pt exercises. Her OS said the treatments aren't working as well as he would like and the next step is surgery. This quite disheartening to both Tessa and I.  I try to always keep up a positive face for her, but it gets so difficult to see her in such pain and knowing that regardless of what I do, I can't make her healthy or feel better. I'm sorry for rambling and I hope that last bit doesn't sound selfish, it's late here and I can't express myself too clearly right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:54:52 AM by James112 »
My sweet wife Tessa
Severe Patellar Tendonitis (L)
Partially Torn Patella Tendon (L)
Torn Lateral Meniscus (L)

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 20
  • From the Land of OZ
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »
Hello James

Welcome to Kneeguru !  I'm sorry your wife is having knee problems and dealing with the pain, PT and lack of progress. You sound a lot like my husband. He has been helping me for 10 yrs, never a complaint , always very helpful and my cheerleader thru all these years.

Have you read the sections on over use injuries such as tendonitis and the section on meniscus injuries ? You should find very good info on those subjects.

I hope your wife does well. She has a very loving husband taking care of her   ;D

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec
MCL,revison LOA