Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MCL LARS repair 3 weeks post op...Agony and stiffness :((  (Read 2889 times)

Offline chunkypic

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MCL LARS repair 3 weeks post op...Agony and stiffness :((
« on: December 27, 2010, 11:10:35 AM »
Hi guys please help, i have recently had a LARS repair of my MCL following a dislocated LT knee whilst playing rugby, im 34 yrs old and the MRi results showed a ruptured PCL,MCL and torn minisci. My surgeon told me he would not repair the PCL so lets get the MCL done which i had done on 7 december. This op went straight forward as planned but he also done an arthroscopy in theatre at the same time and my ACL is also lax and doing no good so all i have now is my LCL and a repaired MCL.
The pain i have had with this has been incredible, im fully weight baring and only have 20 degree flextion and not far off fullextention,but the whole knee is feeling so tight and painful and my pain threshold is normally good. Please can somebody advize me what i should and should not be doing and what can i do to get this knee going???
Also is it worth getting the ACL/PCL repaired?? or just get on with it. My thigh muscle has wasted away and every day its looking more thin. Im due to see consultant on the 30th of December so lets see what he has to say, but if there is someone out there who has had similar procedure done please get in touch.
Thanks Col

support