Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 7 weeks post arthroscpy knee looks like it is to the side !  (Read 1246 times)

Offline mictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
7 weeks post arthroscpy knee looks like it is to the side !
« on: December 26, 2010, 06:50:46 PM »
I am a 46 yr old female i has an arthroscopy 7 weeks ago i had A latertal and medial meniscus tear,chondroplaty in three compartments for chondromalacia,synovectomy,removal of plica and scar tissue. It has been a real slow recovery still can't walk down stairs normally having trouble with simple squats at PT just started being able to ride the bike ! My other concern is that my knee looks like it is off to the side i remember the Doc saying that after surgery the knee was tracking better where it should be ! Can it move back out of line and what do you do to get it back where it belongs ??
2000 Left and rt knee arthroscopies, chondroplasty chondromalacia & chondyle defect
3/17/2010 rt knee arthroscopy  chondroplasty, synovectomy
11/3/2010 lt knee arthroscopy,chondroplasty 3 sites,pica and scar tissue removed,lateral&medail meniscus tears,synovectomy grae 4 chondromalacia patela

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 7 weeks post arthroscpy knee looks like it is to the side !
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »
The reason could be loss of musclemass, that your knee look weird then before and feels so also. Are you seing a PT ? If so what does your PT say ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline mictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
I DO STILL GO TO PT NOT SURE IF THEY HAVE NOTICED IT AND HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING THEY MESSAGE MY KNEE FOR SCAR TISSUE AND MANIPULATE IT PLUS THEY DO DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE TO MY QUAD MUSCLE I WILL MENTION IT TO THEM I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME TROUBLE THIS PAST WEEK WITH GOING UPSTAIRS THE LEFT SIDE OF MY KNEE AND TOWARDS THE BACK IT FEELS LIKE IT WANTS TO CATCH AND HURTS A LITTLE IN THAT AREA !! NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON AND I STILL HAVE QUITE A BIT OF SORENESS AND SOME PAIN ON THE MEDIAL PART OF MY KNEE NOT SURE IF IS TAKING LONGER BECAUASE THAT IS WHERE THE PLICA WAS REMOVED FROM ??
2000 Left and rt knee arthroscopies, chondroplasty chondromalacia & chondyle defect
11/3/2010 lt knee arthroscopy,chondroplasty 3 sites,pica and scar tissue removed,lateral&medail meniscus tears,synovectomy grae 4 chondromalacia patela

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:36:40 PM »
Soft tissue surgery makes recovery go slower. So don't loose hope 7 weeks after surgery.
It will still take a while for you to get better.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline mictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »
Thank you it is kind of frustrating when i go to PT and i see other patients that are only 2 weeks post op and thy walk almost normal and don;t seem to be struggeling like i am but then again tjry only had a torn meniscus !  I am still feeling popping on the left part of my knee towars the back going up stairs that started a few days ago havs you ever had that ?? seems like every week i feel some other type of setback of sort !! but i guss  the OS doing alot in the knee makes a difference like he  said he did a real big tune up !!