Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What can cause severe pain in back of knee and down calf?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Kimberly 77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
What can cause severe pain in back of knee and down calf?
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »
I have had arthoscopic surgery to repair a defect on my medial femoral condyle 4.5 months ago. I have been getting increasingly more pain since. Most of my pain is in the back of my knee/leg. I have a pocket of fluid behind my knee that was originally thought to be a bakers cyst but ultrasound ruled that out. I can't bend my knee because it feels like pressure behind it when I do and straightening it causes my knee cap to burn. Propping my leg on a pillow causes calf pain. I also get a catching feeling in my knee cap when I bend my knee a little and then try and straighten it. But, this pain in the back of my leg is constant and the whole back of my knee is sore. What could be the cause of this and could it be another defect?? The pain is a bit different than before surgery. Thanks!
Right leg amputee.
Osteoarthritis in left knee.
Medial femoral condyle defect, arthoscopy 8-2-10
Grade 3 defects, patella, medial femoral condyle, tibia scoped1-12-2011
Physical theraphy and awaiting microfrature 2-1-12

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: What can cause severe pain in back of knee and down calf?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:49:55 PM »
Maybe it could be your hamstring tendon.  Do you do any stretches for it?
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

support