Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACI & TTO 2 weeks ago  (Read 673 times)

Offline 2badknees2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACI & TTO 2 weeks ago
« on: December 14, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
I had ACI and TTO on December 2, almost two weeks ago.  I think I'm doing fairly well.  I'm at 52 degrees on the CPM, staples out on December 10, and I haven't fallen yet on the crutches :D 
I have a few questions and I hope I can get some help.  There is a big lump on my shin, about 3 inches below where the staples ended.  It is fairly painful.  I have put ice on it, but nothing has helped, yet.
How long does everyone generally stay on the pain medicine.  I've had 1 refill on Hydracordone.  I am not taking them at the scheduled 4-6 hours.  I wonder, if I would, if the pain in my shin would be more tolerable.

Any answers are very welcome........I'm getting a bit frustrated with the pain.

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
Re: ACI & TTO 2 weeks ago
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:41:41 AM »
2badknees2
The spot you are speaking of is where the hard ware was placed.  How often do you take your meds.
Yes you would be in less pain if you took them on schedule.  But if you don't feel the pain is that bad don't.  It is a painful op and does continue to hurt some longer than others.  Everyone is different. This is not a cake walk surgery it is painful and does take some a long time to feel somewhat normal  Keep up with the ice and elevation will help with discomfort as well.  The pain can be vwery frustrating hang in there it does get better, just a time thing.
Take care,
Rknees4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

support