Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Physical therapy after arthroscopy  (Read 689 times)

Offline mictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Physical therapy after arthroscopy
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
I am almost 6 weeks post op Lt knee arthroscopy with shaving of laterl and medial meniscus, removal of plica removal of joint scarring chondroplasty in three places found to have grade 4 chondromalcia patella and grade 2-3 chnages elsewhere ! anyway have been doing PT for a few weeks have been struggeling due to alot of scar tissue , pain and range of motion issues ! my therapist i have been having has been wonderful doing sensable stetching and some strenghtening, well yesturday i had a different therapist good god she is in to tourture ! she put the EMS on and i usually start out at 17 18 she just started it right away at 23 i whole leg would shake like crazy when it would contract not to metion pain and my knee does not like the straight out position anyway ! i think she was wrong in doing that she wanted to even turn the number up i said NO !! anyone else have any experience with the EMS device how is it used on you ??
2000 Left and rt knee arthroscopies, chondroplasty chondromalacia & chondyle defect
3/17/2010 rt knee arthroscopy  chondroplasty, synovectomy
11/3/2010 lt knee arthroscopy,chondroplasty 3 sites,pica and scar tissue removed,lateral&medail meniscus tears,synovectomy grae 4 chondromalacia patela

Offline soozles

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • PCL recovery blog
Re: Physical therapy after arthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:57:01 PM »
My therapist starts it low and goes progressively higher until I tell him to stop, I have no clue what number it is. He just tells me to tell him when it's strong but comfortable. And then it cycles, 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off. When it's on, I have to contract my quads with the stimulation.
May 2005: Torn PCL, misdiagnosed as chondromalacia
April 2010: pain worse, lots of instability
Nov. 23, 2010: PCL reconstruction
progress here: http://pclrecovery.blogspot.com/

Offline mictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Physical therapy after arthroscopy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:29:45 AM »
Thank you for your reply ! My other therapist gradulaly increases  the number then leaves it for me to slowly increase and i can manage it ok but when the other therapist comes and blast it right up to 23 YIKES it is way too much !! and i really can;t stand my knee so staright then it kills to moves it out of that position and then she had me straighten my knee on the tagle and she sais it wasn't straight she could put her hand under my knee so what does she do she pushws my knee down on to the table and holds it there then releases it oof and on ! I think she loves to see people in  pain !!
2000 Left and rt knee arthroscopies, chondroplasty chondromalacia & chondyle defect
3/17/2010 rt knee arthroscopy  chondroplasty, synovectomy
11/3/2010 lt knee arthroscopy,chondroplasty 3 sites,pica and scar tissue removed,lateral&medail meniscus tears,synovectomy grae 4 chondromalacia patela

support