Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee collapsed  (Read 1980 times)

Offline bd1

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
knee collapsed
« on: December 05, 2010, 01:19:52 PM »
i`ve just been walking my dog, when i slipped and badly hyperextended my bad knee,
i twisted and it felt as though my knee bent the wrong way and just collapsed, i went down in a heap in excruciating pain on the outer back side of my knee, i stayed down for 5 min`s panacking my knee had just gone again, i managed to get up and start walking very slowly the couple of miles back home,
every time my knee gets near full extension i`m getting a bad pain and a feeling of weakness  in the region of my plc surgery, i`m praying i haven`t re-injured it i`d hate to go through that again, at the moment i`m icing it and  wondering whether to immobilise it for a couple of days and see if it  settles down or do i go to the hospital?

panacking bd
1999 acl mcl recon'
05 knee dilocation acl mcl lcl pcl recon's 80% lateral meniscus removal
06 plc recon' lcl tighened up
Chronic lcl problems(ongoing)
reinjured dec10 mcl grade 2
hamstring tear

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: knee collapsed
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:07:56 PM »
Get it under control with iceing and elevating. If it get worse or if you can't stand on your leg get in direct.
Otherwiese wait it out some days.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline bd1

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 08:21:40 AM »
I had a bad night with pain in my knee, I found it very hard to turn over in bed and had to move my leg with my hands, I can't lift it this morning and I can't fully extend my knee or put my full weight on my knee without bad pains at the back of my knee, i've put my post op brace on and locked it at 20 deg' and using crutches, i'm really worried i've re-injured it badly.
I'd going to my g.p at 10a.m to see what she says.
I don't know what to thinj at the moment i'm scared and really worried it's bad!!! All this again after stupidly slipping!!
1999 acl mcl recon'
05 knee dilocation acl mcl lcl pcl recon's 80% lateral meniscus removal
06 plc recon' lcl tighened up
Chronic lcl problems(ongoing)
reinjured dec10 mcl grade 2
hamstring tear

Offline sumlvr

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
Hi bd1, I was told not surgery till my joint collapses, which makes no sense. I do not know when of how it feels to havemy joint collapse, and without inusrance, it is hard to know these things. do you know how the Drs. can tell if the joint has collapase. Having only temp. insurance thru the state i was finlally able to get the MRI and that is when I found out the
AVN spread to not just my knee,but femur and tibia and ankle as we.. At one point I was told amputation would be necesasry if I dont get this resolved. I no longer have medicare only had it 1 month before I was denie. Oh I am just wondering if you have any ideas?

Thank you and hope to hear back from you.
Lisa

support