Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: broken patella,no surgery  (Read 711 times)

Offline lizt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
broken patella,no surgery
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:08:15 AM »
Hi,i am new to this so please forgive me if im doing it all wrong.
I broke my left patella straight across(dont know medical terms)but no surgery was needed 8 weeks ago.Was non weight bearing for 3 weeks and in an immobiliser brace set at 0.Was then set to 15 at week 4 and finally taken of last week.Started pt 2 weeks ago,but can only get 70 ROM.I just cant get knee to bend.Been doing exercises and hydro constantly but no improvement.Is this normal,all the posts ive read when people dont regain rom is because theyve had surgery,but i didnt.My os seems to think im making it up and i can really bend it,and im not trying hard enough,i left his surgery in tears.He said if im not at 120 rom in 4 weeks then will have to look at alternatives like mua.I just want to get back to normal,does he think i like not be able to walk properly or drive( I have a manual car).I thought i was progressing but now i feel like ive put in all this effort for nothing.Any advice would be much appreciated
thanks,

Offline amoler

• Forum Faithful
Re: broken patella,no surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:49:36 AM »
I'm not sure what mua is but it sounds like you are making progress. Just bear in mind that if the ortho is TOO uncooperative, you are allowed to fire him
'77- Rt knee menicus tear
'90 -2nd menscus tear
'91 -failed arthroscopy/partial menisectomy
patella dislocation 10/ 2010
Dx = grade 4 chondromalacia + synovitis + Meniscus tear + lax strained medial ligaments
Fall down the stairs 7/20/11 - mcl sprain + 2 meniscus tears

Offline lizt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:55:40 AM »
Thanks,
i dont know all the medical terms but i think mua is manipulation under anesthetic,
they will force the knee to bend.I was thinking of getting another os but just dont know where to start.
I suppose i should go back to the GP and ask for some suggestions,i just dont like everyone thinking im stupid and that i should understand everything they keep telling me.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Get another opinion. Your current OS sounds very unhelpful and not understanding at all.

There is obviously a reason why you can't bend it.

Good luck !
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

support