Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Situation IS getting better:)  (Read 739079 times)

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
Re: Situation IS getting better:)
« Reply #6495 on: August 26, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
No-one could ever accuse you of not doing your research! Let's pick an evening next week to go for a swim. :)
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline emergRN

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #6496 on: August 26, 2014, 12:41:32 AM »
Yay.....I'm open!  So, I guess it is when you are around!  Why I am not messaging you on FB or text, I have no idea...lol!!!
Rt.knee scope-1990-91Dx with Partial ACL tear
Rt. ACLr with hamstring graft-2010
Rt. knee scope- partial lateral menisectomy and plica excision 2010
ACL revision quad tendon graft- 2011 
Rt. Knee partial lateral menisectomy, debridement 2012
Rt. knee partial lateral menisectiomy, debridement 2014

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #6497 on: August 26, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »
We're heading out on a five-day road trip on Thursday, but anytime after we get back should be good!
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline emergRN

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6498 on: August 27, 2014, 11:40:06 PM »
Everyone is leaving town:(  Yes, we need to do that!  I am cleared to go back to work!  They thought I should ease into it, but that isn't an option!  It's either all or none!  I HAVE to go back to work!  I thought I wouldn't get booked in until next week!  Wrong!  I am working tomorrow and Friday.

My knee still hurts, but my quads have greatly improved!  Oh my!  I am a little nervous though.  I will be working 6 days a week for the next while!  It's going to take awhile to get used to this.

On another note, I never heard back from the Zimmer rep....So!  I have emailed the doc that does it at our place.  Hopefully, he will answer my questions.  They are just generic questions.  Nothing personal about my situation.
Rt.knee scope-1990-91Dx with Partial ACL tear
Rt. ACLr with hamstring graft-2010
Rt. knee scope- partial lateral menisectomy and plica excision 2010
ACL revision quad tendon graft- 2011 
Rt. Knee partial lateral menisectomy, debridement 2012
Rt. knee partial lateral menisectiomy, debridement 2014

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #6499 on: August 30, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »
Hey!

Just catching up, W I'm sorry you've got some patella issues. I feel your pain and concerns. All I can say is....I have grade 3 and grade 4 damage. I managed to get them to abate with building muscles and combination of Celebrex for the flare ups and Euflexxa shots since it all began. However as you know, 5 years on I've got big issues in the one knee with the bakers cyst which is limiting my activity a lot. Learning point? Don't forget you've got a bloody worn out patella. Cycle, walk...but don't jump and run. I did myself in trying to prove I was normal. Like you, the crps is classed as auto immune so severely limits future options as do my alignment issues. I'd seriously need to be unable to walk to consider surgery of any kind due to the crps risk again. I would rather have pain in arthritis than crps occurring in my knee joint.

Give us an email, we need to catch up....soon!

Xx

PS.....A I hope this swelling is a blip and things settle. Knees. I wish we could grow new ones...easily!
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline seerobinbike

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6500 on: September 03, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »
Holy crapola!  I can't believe this thread is alive again!  I was just trying to use IE in Chrome and happened to see a tab at the top of the page that said 'Situation going from bad...."  I clicked on it and here I am.  Hey all you fabulous KG's!!!  I think I have to log out to reread all the past posts so I will do that later today.  A!!!!!  RK!!!!! I haven't talked to you in so long. :(  Anyway, I WILL be back later.  Snowy, Lottie, ER, Tez...it's a reunion of sorts!  Later, ladies. 
Jan. 12: PKR.
June 10:  Meniscus surgery.
Most of '09:  PT to help constant knee pain.

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #6501 on: September 04, 2014, 04:07:15 AM »
Hey folks Its nice to see this thread alive again I have missed having a wee read about whats going on with you lovely people.

W pleased your cleared to go back to work I hope it goes or went ok depending on if you have already gone back or not yet...and I was also pleased to hear how your recovery has gone after this last surgery, its just a shame you have this other damage to contend with but at least you are in the right place to work out your options for the future,

Lottie this bakers cyst sounds painful and I can understand your reluctance to any more surgery but what other options are there, I can remember a couple of years ago one of my clients had a bakers cyst that burst and she was in a lot of pain for ages afterword's I don't know much about it but is it something that can be drained to make sure this doesn't happen to you?
 Anyway the lovely black kitten  you posted the picture of on fb recently deffo should become part of the lottie household in my opinion. what did you decide in the end?

A its good to hear things have improved for you and I hope this recent swelling in nothing to worry about and just a wee glitch, as for the bike it sounds like your getting plenty of time out and about on it.

RK your so lucky having grandkids to run around after I just wish for your sake the knees were a bit better so that you could do that running around after without pain. I take it there is still no plans for surgery or anything to give you a better quality of life??

Snowy your photos on fb are always amazing you have a fantastic life me thinks even though it makes me feel tired reading about everything you've been up to, I hope the knees are holding up ok...

And the lovely Robin good to hear from you too how are things going with you these days how is the knee doing, and that shoulder problem you had a while back .. I hope your still giving those amazing massages, I know I really appreciate having a massage and try to have one every couple of weeks it deffo goes a long way to keeping me sane lol.

Things here are ok I am heading off to Spain in a couple of weeks to lie in the sun and chill out and cant wait, the original bad knee is ok still much the same, but now I am having more problems from what was my good knee a fair bit of pain and stiffness ect though I haven't plucked up the courage to go and get it checked out, I hate the thought of having to have anything done to this one, but I think I will have to eventually, it could be due to the fact for the last 5 plus years It has been doing more of the work especially when standing at work ect this is the reason its 4am and I am up and catching up with all that's been going on  here....anyway I shall worry about that after my week doing nothing apart from sitting in the sun with a nice cocktail in Spain lol 

Take care folks
Tez x     
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

Offline seerobinbike

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6502 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Hey Gang!  Sorry it's taken me a few days to write.  It feels really weird being back on KG's and chatting with you all again.  (Although most of us do keep in touch on FB.  RK and A?  Still no FB?)  ;)  Well, W...I was surprised to hear from you and really thought that things were going along so well for you.  I'm sorry that you've had so many issues but I'm happy that you sound like you are (once again) back on the road to recovery.  Jeesh.  How's the walking going these days?  Any pain?  Lottie....Grrrrr.  I am so very sorry that you are having what sound like major issues with your knee.  How long has the knee been bothering you?  Maybe it's just pissed off at you for doing a bit too much? I really hope that it settles down.  Let us know how it's been doing.  Tez...I didn't realize that you still had pain in your knee after a long day at work. :(  That's too bad. Do the painkillers keep things the pain at bay?  Hope you had a great time on your trip!  You sure looked like you guys did.  And now, you're heading back to Spain.  That's great.  Snowy....You crazy girl.  Can't tell from your profile pic that you are in any pain at all.  Are you doing only mtn. biking now?  I want to start doing some off road stuff as well.  Roads are crazy and dangerous and riding indoors gets old.  Anyway, how is your right knee doing these days?  Very strange that you can do so much.  I think you have an incredibly high pain threshold and maybe those endorphins block the pain during your adventures?  What do I know? ;) A...OMG.  I was so excited to read that after so much time, your life is starting to resemble the life of a normal person.  That surgery did sound very much like voodoo and I didn't really get what they did either, but hey!  If the end result was no pain, that's all that matters.  Has the knee settled back down after it swelled?  I really hope so.  Rk....Welcome to the 50's! I can't believe that your grandson is 2 years old already.  Hope that it's a good diversion for all that ails you.  You're a lot like the energizer bunny...well, I guess in some ways we all are...we just keep on moving in spite of things.  I've had a really nice spring and summer.  The weather here has been nearly perfect almost every day with barely a hint of humidity.  My knee is doing pretty well.  There are days when I want to break out into a little jog because it feels so...um, normal!  But then I go and do something stupid and the thing gets all stiff and strange feeling again.  I've actually had to ice it for the past few days because I smacked into something not once but three fricken times and said knee didn't like it at all.  After all this time...it will be 3 years since my replacement in January....I still haven't been able to rebuild the quad muscle.  It's much better than it was but it's still a skinny runt of a thing.  I still do a ton of cycling but I've never been able to do the hard workouts I used to do.  And maybe that's just fine.  I do realize that my knee has a limited warrantee on it so I try not to do anything too crazy.  I'm just so happy that I'm able to walk with barely any pain 99% of the time.  I don't think I can ask for any more!  So that's what I've been up to.  I do have a story that isn't related to knees so I will quickly tell you girls it. M. and I ended up giving away our cat Rudy.  He was a constantly picking on the other two cats we had and M. was really pushing for it.Pushing to the point that it became a problem for M. and I and our relationship.) It was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make and one that wasn't made without a ton of thought and without doing nearly everything in my power to try to change him.  We tried him on Prozac and it made him nearly comatose.  We'd cut back on his dose and he'd beat the crap out of the other two again.  He left a couple of months ago.  I still feel unbelievably guilty but do think he is in a good home now.  M and I visited him once a couple of weeks after we gave him away and he seemed to be doing really good at his new home.  Big sigh.  Anyway, that's my story.  Good talking with you girls again and here's to hoping that all body parts are feeling semi-decent today.  Later, gang!
Jan. 12: PKR.
June 10:  Meniscus surgery.
Most of '09:  PT to help constant knee pain.

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6503 on: November 23, 2014, 05:05:16 AM »
Hey Robin,
Soo good to hear from you as well.  No face book,, not my thing.  This is about as out there as i get.
Yup no choice but to keep hobbling. Really don't have time right now to have anyone digging around in the knees anyway, my daughter needs me too much with 2 in diapers.  She was here with my little men today and paying for playing and having fun with them.  The oldest expects Grams to get on the floor and colour and play tractor and with the remaining hardware always a fright. :o. The baby is almost 6 months now so will be in constant motion as well soon. ;D
Start my course in Jan maybe by the time I am 65 I will be able to graduate. ::)

I also lost a four legged friend in Sept.  Unfortunately they age and cause a ruckus that sometimes gets them moved to a different location. I am sure he will be some place more suited to his personality.

Hey to Tez, A, Lottie, Snowy and of course W .

As for the torture twins, with all of this crappy weather did the usual slip and tweaked the twins into a big swell feast but they are now starting to deflate again. They do not like the slippery stuff for sure.  I never used to be afraid of falling in the winter but it sure crosses my mind on a regular basis now.

Well gang time to put righty up as i have lots of running to do tomorrow.
Take care ll and watch the slip and fall. All you dare devils have fun but be careful!! ;)
Rk4 ox
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6504 on: March 31, 2015, 02:49:29 AM »
Hey Gang,
Hope this note finds you all well.
The gang from the west please send some of the warm air east  man it is miserable here.
Take care hope all continue to go forward and hope all the knees are behaving to some degree.
Rk4 and the torture twins  ox :o
Knee pain since teens
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
  • Cats are great recovery companions
« Reply #6505 on: May 04, 2015, 01:43:56 AM »
Hey RK4-  Hope the torture twins are a little happier now that the weather has improved.  Man what a brutal winter!!  Hope to not see another one like that anytime soon!  I am doing well -1 year + out from denervation and so far so good.  Not perfect, but better than I expected.  I walked 2-3 miles with Mom and sister 2 weeks ago (mostly flat ground) and did not pay for it during or afterwards -just a couple naproxen a day and life is good.  Had the motorcycle out a couple times now and thrilled to be back to "biker chic" mode  ;)  Hang in there!!! Have you gotten the new house in order?  How's the doctor situation, has the one that left your town been replaced?  If so I hope they are more progressive and can fight to get the twins replaced sooner than later.  Think of everyone often, but it has been very quiet so haven't stopped by in awhile.  Cheers all, A
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Scope, plica removal/synovectomy 1/12
Scope, Medial retinacular release and debridement of excess tissues 2/13
Knee Denervation 3/2014

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6506 on: May 06, 2015, 03:38:10 AM »
Hey Gang,
Hi A,
Yes slowly but surely getting things finished in between being a Grams and doing online courses.
As for the twins things remain pretty much the same. Still pay regularly for over doing and playing with my little boys but only time will tell. :o We have a couple new saw bones(OS) in town and both are a little better about doing new knees l little earlier than 60 but really don't have time to be laid up right now. So it will have to wait until I can cobble together the time to take care of them. ::)

Glad to hear the bike is good and ready for another season as the "biker chick".

Well better go take care of the laundry before I crash for the night.
Take Care A
Rk4 ox
Knee pain since teens
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
  • Cats are great recovery companions
« Reply #6507 on: May 13, 2015, 02:41:34 AM »
RK4 -I bet those little boys are getting big and filling their pockets with all sorts of goodies and goo  :o  You rock with all you do for your family.  Hope the online courses are going well -it is so awesome to be able to learn so much right in your own home.  Take the time, you be amazed at the time freed up by not having to ice and get off the bad knees.  Not to mention you get to move a bit faster too ;)  I had to go down hall at work a couple months ago while co-worker updated something on the computer for me. I got to terminal and the change hadn't been made yet so I called to see if there was a problem and he said "no, you just got there too fast".  That was pretty damn cool -we both laughed as I said to him I bet he never thought he would say that to me.  You deserve a moment like that, when you get to say "I'm back folks!"  So please take the time as soon as you get an OS to say yes and get those twins replaced.  You will be better for it and won't it be nice to not think an amputation sounds delightful? 

Sorry for the lecture I just know where you are and wish it on no one.  Give those boys a big hug for me and happy frog hunting ;)
Take care, A
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Scope, plica removal/synovectomy 1/12
Scope, Medial retinacular release and debridement of excess tissues 2/13
Knee Denervation 3/2014

support