Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lump under knee  (Read 592 times)

Offline Suluwest

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lump under knee
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »
Hi I'm a newby on the sight, so please bare with me† :-*

Recently I have had a few problems with my right knee. Over the past few months I have had a lump come and go under my knee, which my doctor is unconcerned about.

It varies in how much it sticks out between 5mm and about 20mm on bad days. It is approx 35mm in diameter, relatively hard and non painful until pressed very firmly. Its actual location is at the bottom of the knee cap starting at the lower centre of the knee then spreading towards the inner knee. It is visible all the time, but sticks out further when the knee is bent. I have no restriction on movement, but Iím unable to kneel on my right leg, when I have this lump, as it gives a very strong ache/numbing feeling.
I have had it about 4 times this year and recently, according to my doctor, I have had a torn ligament above the same knee. (very painful) and took 5 weeks to stop hurting. As soon as I started walking normally up the stairs, I have this lump again, which is not going down this time. I seem to have increasing problems with this knee and Iím starting to get concerned. Any advice pretty please as to what it might be?† :-\

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:30:36 PM by Suluwest »

Offline andyek

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Lump under knee
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »
It might be a cyst, have Dr. do or send you for an ultra sound.  I had one on a replaced knee, painful and limits range of motion.