Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 7 weeks post op TTT  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Di

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • this too shall pass
7 weeks post op TTT
« on: October 10, 2003, 08:18:19 AM »
Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted, been busy doing my PT excerises at home.  I am almost 7 weeks post op now from my marquette TTT.   I got rid of the immoblizer at five weeks and started PT the following week.  I can bend my knee 50 degrees as of Tuesday and it feels like it going to take forever to get it bent all the way.  They have me doing a wide variety of excerises which seem to help.  I am still partial weightbearing and having trouble with that.  My foot and leg both get very red when I put weight on them but keep getting told it will go away with time.   I would like it to go away now.  Even though I am making progress, I feel like it is very slow.  At least I don't have to wear anything on my leg anymore except for an ace bandage when I feel I need one.  The PT told me to go back to the vicidan for pain relief so I could put more weight on my leg which seems like a set back to me.    It is great that I am making progress between each therapy session but I am more then ready to go back to work, drive a car and take a shower without any help.  It is amazing how you take little things for granted until you can't do them anymore without help.  

I hope everyone is progressing and getting better.  

Di

Offline ohiostatemel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: 7 weeks post op TTT
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 09:37:47 PM »
Di,
Sounds like you are doing pretty well.  Keep up with your exercises.  I agree with the PT, if you keep up with pain meds before PT, you will usually have a much better and less painful session.

I completely hear you about wanting to go back to being independent.  I was allowed to shower at 2 weeks- and it was HEAVENLY.  The sponge baths have nothing on the real thing.  I believe I was given the go ahead to drive around6 weeks.  I was'nt realy comfortable withd riving however, just "knowing" that if i HAD to drive, I could, worked wonders!!!!!

Keep up your hard work!!!
Mel

Offline ozzybug

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Never do what you would un-do if caught
Re: 7 weeks post op TTT
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 12:16:40 AM »
Di-

I just read your post and it sounds like you have come a very long way in your recovery.  I know how it feels to want immediate results, but have also learned during my post-op recovery that even baby steps are a step in the right direction.

My procedure was in no way as beg a procedure as yours and by no means am I trying to minimalize your situation.  I just want you to know that you should be so proud of yourself for the distance you have come thus far.  It sounds as though you have worked very hard to get where you are now, and I do hope that you are seeing more and more improvement each and every day.

Your knee has been through a huge trauma, so it isn't uncommon to have to go back to taking the pain meds.  It just means that your knee is trying to rebell, and it's telling you that a little help might be necessary to get over this "bump-in-the-road".

I hope that things begin to improve for you and that you will be able to add more activities like showering & especially driving very soon.  My surgery was rt. knee, so I can truly empathise wiht your situation.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery to you!!  You can do this- you really have come a long way.

Lezlee
Rt knee:Meniscal repair 8/03: Repair prev. meniscus repair 10/03;Chondro shave, scar tissue removal 12/03;LR,debridement chondro & scar tissue 04/02/04;TTT done 09/14/04;VMO advancement 04/2005- Does it ever end?