Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patellar tracking  (Read 1128 times)

Offline emergRN

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
Patellar tracking
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
Has anyone had patellar tracking after their ACL recon?  How long does it last, and does it cause clicking??  Has anyone had a joint effusion that has lasted more than 10 weeks after surgery?  I have lots of questions, but I am just trying to figure out what is normal, and what isn't.
Rt.knee scope-1990-91Dx with Partial ACL tear
Rt. ACLr with hamstring graft-2010
Rt. knee scope- partial lateral menisectomy and plica excision 2010
ACL revision quad tendon graft- 2011 
Rt. Knee partial lateral menisectomy, debridement 2012
Rt. knee partial lateral menisectiomy, debridement 2014

Offline likewoa2007

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Patellar tracking
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 05:22:51 AM »
Yes. I to have patella tracking syndrome.  I had ACL and meniscus surgery May 25 2010.  I went in for a rescope on Oct 20, 2010 to clean out scar tissue and a missed meniscus tear.  I had the cadavear put in.  i still have the patella tracking.  (difficult to get downs stairs and pain in the knee cap area when the quad doesnt take control.  There is no time unfortuantely as to when it clears up.  I've been told to keep strengthening the Quadricep as much as you can without activating the patella pain.

Does that help?
What part of the world are your from?
I had my knee surgery here in WI.

How are descending starirs for you?

Offline emergRN

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
Re: Patellar tracking
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »
Thanks for responding :)  I am in Canada, and had my ACLr done on Aug. 30th.  I actually saw my OS again yesterday for my main ongoing problem of medial knee pain with a persistent knee effusion.  He said the patellar tracking is because my VMO is not fully activated.  He is a bit mystified by the clicking though.  I had a repeat MRI, which did not show anything new.  He seems to thing that I have a loose body, or a missed medial meniscus tear.  I think I am heading for a repeat scope, but we tried a steroid shot to help with the effusion.  I still am not going downstairs normally, and I get the click with every step.  It is all a bit of a mystery.  I have a really good surgeon, but I guess I have a case of nurse curse.  Anything weird that can happen, will happen to someone in the medical world!!  I have stopped my workouts, but am continuing with physio.  I need to get this straightened out, so I can get some skiing in this winter!!   
Rt.knee scope-1990-91Dx with Partial ACL tear
Rt. ACLr with hamstring graft-2010
Rt. knee scope- partial lateral menisectomy and plica excision 2010
ACL revision quad tendon graft- 2011 
Rt. Knee partial lateral menisectomy, debridement 2012
Rt. knee partial lateral menisectiomy, debridement 2014

support