Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Excrutiating thigh pain ????  (Read 1002 times)

Offline shelly86

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Excrutiating thigh pain ????
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:20:57 AM »
Hi, I have posted on other threads about me dislocating my patella 10/11 weeks ago after 6 years of no dislocations. During the 10/11 weeks I have had constant pain in my thigh but I thought it was due to me using my muscles.

This weekend has been horrendous, I have never felt pain like this in my life (its even worse than the dislocation). Its in my thigh and my knee. I cannot lift my leg up without physically putting my hand underneath it and lifting it. It feels as if its just ready to snap,

Trying to bend my knee is a no go as the pain travelling from my knee to my thigh to my hip is unreal.

Does anyone know what this could be, its that bad i am actually considering going to a&e

Thanks in advance.

Offline weirdknees

• Regular Poster
Re: Excrutiating thigh pain ????
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
Which part of your thigh is it on?  I get this too, and it's often quite a severe sickening type pain.  If you suffer from dislocations this can cause different muscles to pull or spasm.  I don't get dislocations, but my kneecaps doesn't sit properly in its groove.  I find it difficult to get rid of the pain, but I find that deep heat or applying a heat pack helps a little.  Has the physiotherapist given you any stretches to do, they should eventually start helping in the long term. 
knee pain since very young
2008 - diagnosed with patella tilt
2010 - partial meniscectomy

Offline shelly86

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
Hi,

The pain is travelling from the inside of my knee and up to the inside of my thigh. I have been attending the physio and she has been working on trying to bend my knee but it wont go past 55 degrees. its as if something is stopping it.

I have been using one crutch to get about but now over the weekend I have had to go back to using the 2 crutches as I can bearly put any weight on my leg at all

Thanks

Offline weirdknees

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
Have you had any x-rays or MRIs done?  I don't know much about dislocations, but maybe something inside is stopping you from bending it or maybe your kneecap is subluxing.  Otherwise, it may be your muscles in spasm.
knee pain since very young
2008 - diagnosed with patella tilt
2010 - partial meniscectomy

support